Kliché Mini switch issue

Daithí

Hey all, first time poster..
I recently put together a Kliché Mini and the pedal works fine, but the LED will not turn of when the effect is in bypass.
I'm thinking it could be that I was posted out just a normal 3PDT switch and breakout board... When I'm putting together kits like this, I can kind of shift into a 'painting by numbers' mode and didn't even think that this might have an impact on the fact that the pedal is normally a buffered bypass.
I've already made a Klone, but it was done on stripboard and with a DPDT switch.
Now all my wiring and soldering is nice an neat and I didn't want to have to take the switch out completely. Is there an easy fix? Thought I'd just ask here first before I start de/resoldering.

Thanks

Howdy! Yep, that's most likely going to be the problem.

Kliche and Kliche Mini have a different wiring scheme from true-bypass pedals, neither of the current 3PDT breakout boards offered are designed for those two circuits. I do have some 3PDT breakout boards arriving this week that are designed for the Kliche circuits.

There would be a fair amount of hacking/jumping involved to get that particular breakout board to work, it'd be much cleaner and less work to just remove it.

Sorry, I should have sent you this link. Here's the info on how to rewire it if you'd prefer to go that route.

It would be true-bypass after this modification, you'd lose buffered bypass.

Sorry, I should have sent you this link. Here's the info on how to rewire it if you'd prefer to go that route.

It would be true-bypass after this modification, you'd lose buffered bypass.

Forgot to say that I removed the switch (it can be used for the Paragon kit I have waiting in the wings) and replaced it a DPTP. Worked a charm!

Attachments

• IMG_20201110_133950_161.jpg
    IMG_20201110_133950_161.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 11
Back