Kliche Mini Fail

swelchy

First build is a fail I ordered a second pcb and still waiting on tayda to ship to start over. Still trying to figure out what i did wrong. First off I used 1/8 W resistors... next build i ordered 1/4 w. I'm pretty sure i have my switch wired wrong... I get no signal with pedal on or off... just buzzing... The pedal pcb wiring diagram is a bit different than my board.. the in and out on the pcb is in a different place. I used a break out board and used the numbers on it to coincide with what diagram said... 321456 on the breakout were wired from left to right like the pcb shows...

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1313 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1313 - Copy.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1314 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1314 - Copy.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1318 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1318 - Copy.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 62
I’m not sure that switch board is compatible with the kliche. The kliche has a buffer, so the routing on the switch pcb you’ve used would not match. I believe pedal pcb makes a kliche specific foot switch board. Aside from that, the soldering here looks a little suspect, unless you’re using lead free solder

yes... lead free solder. these are really my first few months of messing with soldering properly. I bought a Merece st-2090
d soldering station... I also ordered the kliche breakout board with the new pcb on the way

Also... another mistake I just found that I used D9 russian diodes and they have the stripe on the opposite side.. i have them in backwards...doh

My second attempt has failed... I still have never built a working pedal. This time I get no led... No signal with switch pushed in and out. This one is just completely dead... the last one I at least got squeeling..lol No idea whats going on... I just tried re wiring my dc jack to see if I had it backwards.

Attachments

• KLON.jpg
    KLON.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 18
My second attempt has failed... I still have never built a working pedal. This time I get no led... No signal with switch pushed in and out. This one is just completely dead... the last one I at least got squeeling..lol No idea whats going on... I just tried re wiring my dc jack to see if I had it backwards.

Check the Attached picture below to check for missing solder to pads!
Can you take it out of the enclosure & see if you get any Sound out of it in Bypass & On position'

Kliche Solder Pads.jpg

Looks like 1n4007 diodes instead of 1n4001, I don't know enough to know if that would make a difference, so wait until others chime in before you start desoldering. Also, do you have any type of insulation between the pot and PCB?

I have the plastic protection covers
on backs of pots.... The 4007 should be fine.. just a higher reverse current protection from what i read and i already had them

checked out of enclosure... no signal...no bypass signal no led... I reflowed the joints in question... the pads were fine on opposite side of board but i flowed them anyways... a fb group said its possible my breakout board could be issue if i flowed too much solder and bridged from the unseen side... makes sense... going to look there next.... i did flow a lot of solder to fill the giant holes

checked out of enclosure... no signal...no bypass signal no led... I reflowed the joints in question... the pads were fine on opposite side of board but i flowed them anyways... a fb group said its possible my breakout board could be issue if i flowed too much solder and bridged from the unseen side... makes sense... going to look there next.... i did flow a lot of solder to fill the giant holes
You could have damaged the Footswitch also if you applied to much Heat.
You need to wait between Pads & never solder next to the one you just soldered in up or below position!
Do it in 2 passes !!!, Solder HALF, Finish second time around!

3PDT-Kliche.jpg

Back