Klon

Purty! Very clean build. And excellent photos. I don't like IC sockets, especially the stamped-pin ones, but that's just me. You might want to tape up that battery clip so it doesn't short to anything.

Which diodes did you use for clipping and where did you get them?

Thanks man!!! Yeah I’ve never had a problem with the sockets before... why do you not like them? I’ve noticed you said that before... I used the D9E...

Last edited:
IC sockets are just one more thing to go wrong. The stamped metal ones lose their spring after a few cycles and are generally unreliable. When I do use IC sockets, and I have when I plan on swapping ICs, I use the machined pin sockets. The other problem with IC sockets is they increase the path length from the IC to the board. Not such a big deal with pedals, but I've done some high-speed digital work and the sockets caused problems.

IC sockets are just one more thing to go wrong. The stamped metal ones lose their spring after a few cycles and are generally unreliable. When I do use IC sockets, and I have when I plan on swapping ICs, I use the machined pin sockets. The other problem with IC sockets is they increase the path length from the IC to the board. Not such a big deal with pedals, but I've done some high-speed digital work and the sockets caused problems.
Oh ok...

Back