Leprechaun build problem: regeneration and color pots swapped?

Nicola

Hello all,

I build a kit that I bought from musikding.de and everything works fine but I have a terrible doubt.

Following the build guide, the potentiometers on the bottom row are from left to right COLOR (10K) REGENERATION (25K) and DISPERSION (25K) bit according to all pictures of builds I've seen on the web and of the actual Rainbow Machine yhe first two knobs should be the other way round.

This idea is corroborated by the fact that the regeneration knob is mostly unusable from 12 o'clock on, it basically sets the whole thing in self oscillation mode and if I compare with similar settings on Youtube tutorials about the RM I can only compare them if I only consider the first half of the potentiometer. A 10K pot would seem to be more appropriate.

it's not a big problem, and I could easily swap them, I'm mainly curious to know if it's a problem that anyone else has encountered and if I'm on the right track...

thx
N.

Attachments

• Leprechaun.pdf
    602.1 KB · Views: 15
The controls aren't always in the exact same order as the originals.

The schematic, build docs, and silkscreen are correct. (your values for each pot are correct as well)

The control layout (looking at the face of the enclosure) is:
Primary - Pitch - Secondary
Tone - Regen - Dispersion

Back