SOLVED Leprechaun pedal magic switch issue

FleeRemi

Hey all, so I just finished my Leprechaun build using 3PDT breakout boards and I thought I could just only use the middle 4 on the magic switch, but the switch isn't functioning correctly, and the LED light goes from dimmer to brighter instead of off and on. I'm assuming this is because of the in/out pcb holes left empty, what would I do to fix this? Including ppcb wiring schematic that shows normal wiring:

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 8.26.19 AM.png

Wondering if i should just buy another switch and wire it like the picture shows, I got a specific color switch for the design and I know I'm not getting that breakout board off.

Just so I understand... You connected the middle 4 pads of the standard 3PDT breakout board straight across to the 4 pads of the Magic footswitch, correct?

That won't work, but I think we can patch it up fairly easily without having to remove the breakout board from the footswitch.

Just so I understand... You connected the middle 4 pads of the standard 3PDT breakout board straight across to the 4 pads of the Magic footswitch, correct?

That won't work, but I think we can patch it up fairly easily without having to remove the breakout board from the footswitch.
Yeahh exactly this. I realized after the fact/looking at the normal wiring that it wouldn't translate like that.

Suggestions welcomed and appreciated!

Easy enough. Remove your wires and use the outer 4 pads of the breakout board, ignoring the center two (GND/SW).

They'll still connect straight across, pad for pad.

Back