Little Green Scream Machine

Yes, that will work. I'm guessing you have the v2 board (no D3). Just don't try cramming a diode with fat wires like 1N4004 or 1N5817 into the socket.

LEDs will give a louder, fatter sound. I used green LEDs in mine because that's the TS color theme. That and they have a higher Vf than red LEDs. Mismatched diodes will make even-order harmonics, which has a warmer, richer sound. If you end up finding combinations that you like, you can install a DPDT toggle switch on the front panel and wire it to the board.

The TS is ripe for mods, most of them are simply changing component values.

Or you could build a Frost Drive. It does everything an LGSM does and then some. Some of my Frost Drive mods can be applied to the LGSM.

Oh cool ! It’s one of the newer boards I think...

Thanks for telling me about the Green LEDs , I have a lot of T.S so I would like a different flavor
Didnt know you can mix diodes...cool I’ll try that ! Does it matter if the LEDs are 3mm or 5mm ?

My next order I’ll get the Frost Drive and try the CDB mods ! That would be cool....

Thanks for the reply Chuck !

Mike

I used sockets for the exact same reason on my build

Is there a mod to change the mids in this pedal? I just finished mine and I like the crunch sound but it’s really honky sounding.

...it’s really honky sounding.

I do hope that wasn't a racial slur against white people. :cool:

You'll have to be more specific. What settings are you using? This is a TS and it's supposed to do that. What do you want to add back in to de-emphasize the mids? More bass, more treble?

I do hope that wasn't a racial slur against white people. :cool:

You'll have to be more specific. What settings are you using? This is a TS and it's supposed to do that. What do you want to add back in to de-emphasize the mids? More bass, more treble?
Can you do a hump/flat/cut by modifying R7 like you can with a muff style tone stack?

No, the TS tone network is completely different from BMP. Basically, the options are:
1. Change the bass cut by altering C4 and/or R8.
2. Change the treble cut at high gain by altering C3.
3. Change the treble cut across the board by altering C5.
4. Change the Tone corner freq by altering C6.

[edit]

If you want a TS with more EQ options then you might want to try the Chela (EQD Talons). I strongly recommend my MID and PRESENCE mods if you build a Chela. The VOICE, CLIP and FILTER mods are pretty good too if I do say so myself. Mods are described here.

Last edited:
Yes, that will work. I'm guessing you have the v2 board (no D3). Just don't try cramming a diode with fat wires like 1N4004 or 1N5817 into the socket.

LEDs will give a louder, fatter sound. I used green LEDs in mine because that's the TS color theme. That and they have a higher Vf than red LEDs. Mismatched diodes will make even-order harmonics, which has a warmer, richer sound. If you end up finding combinations that you like, you can install a DPDT toggle switch on the front panel and wire it to the board.

The TS is ripe for mods, most of them are simply changing component values.

Or you could build a Frost Drive. It does everything an LGSM does and then some. Some of my Frost Drive mods can be applied to the LGSM.
I realize this thread is a few years old, but I'm interested in LED experimentation with the LGSM. What does a higher Vf translate to in this pedal in terms of sound or feel?

Thanks!

Louder.
Less compression.
Stronger midrange presence because there's less distortion for a given DRIVE setting.
Cleaner at low DRIVE settings. This can translate into more touch sensitivity because with the right settings, it's easy to go between clean and distorted by varying the picking attack.

You really need to try it and see if it works for you.

Louder.
Less compression.
Stronger midrange presence because there's less distortion for a given DRIVE setting.
Cleaner at low DRIVE settings. This can translate into more touch sensitivity because with the right settings, it's easy to go between clean and distorted by varying the picking attack.

You really need to try it and see if it works for you.
Thank you, that helps a lot. I know this is as simple as mods for a TS get, but I can't wait to try it. I've built 2 standard LGSMs so far (the first was a StewMac kit) so I'll have a good reference point.

Back