Little Green Scream Machine ......

the pics dont due them justice ....IMO of course ....lol .....I use Envirotex ...... it"s been a learning process .... but I've developed a system with it that is yielding decent results . It's a pain in the ass to use ...
Is it the pour on lite version? Any tips for a rookie? I’m not that thrilled with the spray on clear coat. It’s ok I guess but not the greatest

Is it the pour on lite version? Any tips for a rookie? I’m not that thrilled with the spray on clear coat. It’s ok I guess but not the greatest
there's a few hurdles to deal with .... epoxy before drilling or after drilling .... each pose a different problem of the the decal underneath lifting .... or tearing .... temp of the epoxy ... temp of the enclosures ... finding a water slide decal that can handle heat well .... cause you got to break out the torch to get rid of bubbles .... and if you get your decal aligned perfect ... enclosure drilled ... epoxy poured .... and torched to a glass finish ... you got to wait it out a bit and watch for drips .. .. all doing this while making sure there NO dust or hair is around .....

there's a few hurdles to deal with .... epoxy before drilling or after drilling .... each pose a different problem of the the decal underneath lifting .... or tearing .... temp of the epoxy ... temp of the enclosures ... finding a water slide decal that can handle heat well .... cause you got to break out the torch to get rid of bubbles .... and if you get your decal aligned perfect ... enclosure drilled ... epoxy poured .... and torched to a glass finish ... you got to wait it out a bit and watch for drips .. .. all doing this while making sure there NO dust or hair is around .....
Yeah that sounds like a ton of invested time. I’d better get a lot better at the whole decal process before I dive into this and get in over my head. Thanks for the advice

Yeah that sounds like a ton of invested time. I’d better get a lot better at the whole decal process before I dive into this and get in over my head. Thanks for the advice
you can buy really small quantities of the envirotex .... I think the cheapest kit at Micheals or whatever arts and crafts store .. or even amazon for that matter is roughly 15 to 20 bucks .... and you can do several pedals with the amount in the kit .... as far as decals ... you got to try different brands ... I've run into some horrible ones ... and I've run into good ones .... right now I'm using pretty old ones that I scored from some woman at work , but they are thick and stand up to the heat well .. then it's just simply practice .... I'd be lying if I said I didn't have about $ 100 worth or so of enclosures I've got in a box from " testing " that didn't make it through my quality control OCD vision

you can buy really small quantities of the envirotex .... I think the cheapest kit at Micheals or whatever arts and crafts store .. or even amazon for that matter is roughly 15 to 20 bucks .... and you can do several pedals with the amount in the kit .... as far as decals ... you got to try different brands ... I've run into some horrible ones ... and I've run into good ones .... right now I'm using pretty old ones that I scored from some woman at work , but they are thick and stand up to the heat well .. then it's just simply practice .... I'd be lying if I said I didn't have about $ 100 worth or so of enclosures I've got in a box from " testing " that didn't make it through my quality control OCD vision
Yeah. I’m the same way. OCD/perfectionist tweak. My wife is already having a hard enough time with the pedals. “How many of those do you have to make”?

Back