SOLVED Lone king 0,1uf tantalum caps instead of 0,22uf?

harmaes

Would it be an issue to use 2x 0,1uf tantalum caps instead of 0,22uf as in the original Soloist (Lone King) pedal?

I noticed in this picture below that there are 120nf elco smc caps used instead of the 82nf in the BOM?
King tone mentions that the right side of the Duellist sounds identical to the Soloist but the first has or used to have asym diodes and the latter only uses 2 Symm.

kingtone_soloistRed3.jpg

dsf0858_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Would it be an issue to use 2x 0,1uf tantalum caps instead of 0,22uf as in the original Soloist (Lone King) pedal?
Maybe I don't understand the question either, because it sounds like TravisM already answered it: if you put the 2 x 0.1uf caps in parallel, they would give 0.2uf (which is close enough to 0.22 for rock & roll).

Maybe I don't understand the question either, because it sounds like TravisM already answered it: if you put the 2 x 0.1uf caps in parallel, they would give 0.2uf (which is close enough to 0.22 for rock & roll).
Yes, but the circuit has 2x 0,22uf tants ;)

Without a schematic I don't know what role they play in the circuit. But afterall this is just a tube screamer--I can't imagine it matters. Maybe the tants have some special mojo.

Back
Top Bottom