Madbean Oracle

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I have here a Madbean Oracle. Not a lot more to say than what @Guardians of the analog said in his build report. Mine is also nice and quiet, it's easy to dial in nice sounds. I have no idea where the ire for boss comps is coming from but I had the idea that they sucked since like the 90s. They do not suck at all. I'm still leaning toward the thumbsucker for the extra controls but I need to spend more time comparing. The preference is minimal but I think of the oracle as an "effect comp" while the thumbsucker is better at "always on subtle comp." I generally don't use any comp on bass guitar but I suck at upright enough to warrant one before input 2 on my Bassbone. There's a pedalpcb smd fet pcb in there so I have a tiny amount of home team representation in the box.

I tried to come up with an image to be a tribute to Juan Alderete (I know he uses 2 CS-2s, not CS-3s. Whatever) but I never found the right image. I ended up using a left over from a tube based project. The prompt was something like "vacuum tube Japanese woodcut print." On a Tayda dark grey pearl enclosure which I'm pretty in to right now.

Screenshot_20230831_190333.jpg
Screenshot_20230831_190346.jpg

Last edited:
Back