Upright/pbass input switcher w Thumbsucker and fx loop. (Radial Bassbone replacement)

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I finally divorced my Radial Bassbone after 16 years of an increasingly stale relationship. Having built my Nobelium the redundancies couldn't stand. All I needed was a leveling switcher. It took a while to find the right circuit to put on my upright, channel 2. I haven't found a simple boost that i like for this purpose but I've only built a few.

I was using a squishy sheep comp on just my upright signal before the bassbone which was able to boost the signal some but not quite enough by itself for my upright pickup. Thankfully the Thumbsucker has a little more volume on tap compared to my boss style comps. I'm not 100% sure this is the final solution so I took the easy path on the aesthetic. So far I'm pretty happy with the sounds I'm getting. My upright seems to get along with all the pedals down stream very well and isn't feeding back much until I step on the dizzy tone fuzz and even that's been tolerable.

I included an fx loop since I was used to having the boosted loop on the bassbone though for whatever reason I no longer feel the need to boost the OC-2 so I didn't include a boost. I'll be using it entirely because I don't like the feel of boss stompers. SBP soft switch will bring me more happiness.

I borked the drilling of my input 2 hole (phrasing). It was too close to the output jack so I just drilled another hole between them and stuck a 10mm led in there for funsies. It'll illuminate the area where my expression pedals sit when I get things rearranged and oriented correctly on the pedalboard. It'll also act as an reminder to turn things off at the end of a session which is a bigger issue now that I'm running tubes. The orange leds in the nobelium look great but they aren't all that bright and I've left it on overnight a few times. But yeah, I'm still kind of wearing some clown shoes on that one. 🤡 Stupidity aside, I'm very very happy with my rig right now.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's in a 1590C so that it's taller than the dizzytone fuzz in front of it and therefore I'm less likely to bump the knobs when engaging the fx loop.
Screenshot_20240227_014628_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240227_013204_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240227_130236_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Back