Madbean Total Recall Enclosure size recommendations?

zachlovescoffee

Hello! I've sourced all of my components, luckily I had a lot of them, but still have $100 worth of stuff speeding to my house. Damn the BBDs were expensive! Anyway, what size enclosure do I use? The build docs specify 1509BB Tall but I cannot find any vendor that sales them. Any ideas?

Doesn’t tayda sell them now?

The 125bb (two b’s not one) is pretty much the same thing too, so I bet it would fit in there too. It just a mm or two smaller I think.

There are several threads on the madbean forum that would suggest a 1590BB will not work, but I haven’t tried myself.

I think tayda just started carrying those. I suspect if you wait they will get polished ones at some point.

125BB is a bit of a made up size (I think Small Bear was the only vendor to ever list one with that name). You could try the 1590BB (@danfrank has done it), but it will be VERY tight and you'd need to be very precise/solder components to the bottom of the board. I'd recommend one of the deeper hammond 1590BB variants.

I believe I used this for my build.

Last edited:
If you get a the BB2 from Tayda, you are going to have to polish it yourself. They haven't had polished boxes in any size for a few years now. I used to like those, and they were a steal (like $2 more than a regular powder coat). Small Bear is the only place I know that still carried the pre-polished ones.

Back