Mirror Kliche

caiofilipini

This is the build that resulted from my stupid idea of breadboarding a Klon, which ended up being not so stupid after all, as I was able to get it to sound close to a KTR I had the opportunity to A/B this against.

The breadboard experiment led me to choose a pair of 1N34A diodes made by ERIE I got from Pedal Hacker a while back, Vf around 0.360V on both. For the looks, I went with the classic Klon-style oxblood knobs on a mirror-finish Gørva S90 enclosure.

I'm extremely happy with this build and it sounds so much better than my previous Kliche! If you read the breadboarding thread, there's a clip comparing it to the KTR.

Anyway, here are the pics:

PXL_20211103_152215471.jpg

PXL_20211103_144806737.jpg

This is the build that resulted from my stupid idea of breadboarding a Klon, which ended up being not so stupid after all, as I was able to get it to sound close to a KTR I had the opportunity to A/B this against.

The breadboard experiment led me to choose a pair of 1N34A diodes made by ERIE I got from Pedal Hacker a while back, Vf around 0.360V on both. For the looks, I went with the classic Klon-style oxblood knobs on a mirror-finish Gørva S90 enclosure.

I'm extremely happy with this build and it sounds so much better than my previous Kliche! If you read the breadboarding thread, there's a clip comparing it to the KTR.

Anyway, here are the pics:

View attachment 18078

View attachment 18079
what DMM are you using to get that forward voltage number?

Thanks

That's really cool - but I'd need to keep a polishing cloth with my pedalboard. I hate fingerprints on shiny things!

And who knew John Cusack had gotten into making pots?

That's really cool - but I'd need to keep a polishing cloth with my pedalboard. I hate fingerprints on shiny things!

And who knew John Cusack had gotten into making pots?
I gave it a good polish before snapping that picture. It definitely doesn't look that clean now!

Back