Missing Build Docs / Schematics

They’re a schematic for the 3 way splitter around. Got something weird going on jusg need to see where signal goes on the output from pin 7 of op amp and the jack.

Lmao I knew it. I bought one of these used years ago based on guitar forum reviews about how totally different it was from your typical tubescreamer (serves me right really). I thought it just sounded like a standard TS but brighter.

I opened it up and traced it out, sorta, but mine is SMD and I didn’t want to disassemble, so all I really did was confirm the resistor values were all the same (but the caps were all unmarked), and the only circuit layout difference I saw was very slightly different wiring around the tone pot.

Why can't we get documentation the same day the PCB is released? Frankly, it's annoying as hell. Call me a Karen if you want, but if I have a choice between the two, I will always buy from AION and it always comes down to documentation. I love Pedal PCB, been here for a few years, have spent hundreds of dollars on PCBs...and it has become worse and worse over the past couple years. I understand you like to push out PCBs like crazy, but would it really be that hard to include documentation immediately? Maybe slow down a tad for quality over quantity? I know I'll be a pariah now for posting this, but I imagine I'm not the only one thinking it, and so I'm taking one for the team. It's gotten to the point where even requests in the forums seem to get ignored for months at a time. I'd like to have a BOM and schematic before I decide to buy something, if nothing else than to see if I have the right parts available. The PCB images that get posted don't show values, so it's all random chance. Hopefully this will be taken as a malice free suggestion. Cheers!

Why can't we get documentation the same day the PCB is released? Frankly, it's annoying as hell. Call me a Karen if you want, but if I have a choice between the two, I will always buy from AION and it always comes down to documentation. I love Pedal PCB, been here for a few years, have spent hundreds of dollars on PCBs...and it has become worse and worse over the past couple years. I understand you like to push out PCBs like crazy, but would it really be that hard to include documentation immediately? Maybe slow down a tad for quality over quantity? I know I'll be a pariah now for posting this, but I imagine I'm not the only one thinking it, and so I'm taking one for the team. It's gotten to the point where even requests in the forums seem to get ignored for months at a time. I'd like to have a BOM and schematic before I decide to buy something, if nothing else than to see if I have the right parts available. The PCB images that get posted don't show values, so it's all random chance. Hopefully this will be taken as a malice free suggestion. Cheers!
I’m gonna assume you haven’t read the dozens of of other threads just like yours?

I'd like to have a BOM and schematic before I decide to buy something, if nothing else than to see if I have the right parts available.

That's completely reasonable.

If you aren't comfortable attempting a build without the docs just wait until they're posted before ordering the PCB. If we're going to hold off listing the PCB until the doc is ready the wait time will be exactly the same.

The difference is that then no one would be able to order it.

With that said, I do have a bit of a "New Years Resolution" goal for myself, we'll see how that goes. :ROFLMAO: 😭

(No offense taken whatsoever, BTW)

I find that if you ask Robert, he can give you a basic BOM to help you order what you need while you wait for the PCB to arrive.
I also understand that Robert designs the best PCB's available & he is not about to release his latest PCB Schematic so other leaches copy his work & release it on their PCB site.
Did you know the components are all on the PCB & if you have been doing it for 4 years, you should have a Handle on it!!!

My 2 Cents

That's completely reasonable.

If you aren't comfortable attempting a build without the docs just wait until they're posted before ordering the PCB. If we're going to hold off listing the PCB until the doc is ready the wait time will be exactly the same.

The difference is that then no one would be able to order it.
Yep. In my first order from you I went for two designs, one with documentation and one without. The one without looked really simple and I was able to trace and model it in a couple of hours, tops. I wouldn't even think about doing that with an FV-1 based board or the like though. My expectation was to build the documented one first, but as it turned out I had "close enough" parts on hand for the undocumented one and it came out great.

Documenting my open source designs is a monumental headache, especially since there is no bedrock spec for many of them. I've been trying to cater to DIYers who understand what the Y stands for, but I also have the luxury of just saying "ask for a refund" since all my posted designs are free. :poop:

Last edited:
Anyone have the equinox schematic?

I'm guessing there's an amp on the input and buffer on the output. Since all the EQ bits are passive, it should be easy use whatever type of gain you want... maybe something truer to the original...

Back