Module8 - old version - question about eeprom

tone.electronix

Hello people!
Hope everyone's doing OK:)!

So I recently built a Module8, the old version with a 100KB pot for selecting the program (not the rotary switch like the new version).
One thing I noticed is that using this selection method (pot) sometimes it's pretty hard to find the right sweep for a certain program, like you really need to nail the right spot to get the effect you want, it's a very narrow tolerance on the rotation of the pot. If you move a fraction of a milimeter to the right/left, you select either the previous or the next effect.
This just occurs to a couple of effects selection, not all.

I guess this could be a problem with the pot itself since I already checked all the resistor values and I guess they are soldered in the correct position. So I'll try a different pot as soon I can get one.

Now, for the main question: there are some effects that I will not use, or doesn't fit my taste. So I was wondering, can I order a Custom eeprom and swap it directly, with no other changes to the components?

Thank you so much!
TX

You can order the custom eeprom and it will work on your Module 8 board. It is a great way to get a lot more options from your pedal. You might even want to ask folks to chime in here with some of their favorite programs for the eeprom.

Yes!!!

So this is what I have in mind, for now:

PROGRAM 0: MOD004 - TREMOLO
PROGRAM 1: MOD002 - FLANGER
PROGRAM 2: FIL001 - LOFI MACHINE
PROGRAM 3: MOD003 - PHASER
PROGRAM 4: FIL002 - SAMPLE HOLD FILTER
PROGRAM 5: MOD001 - CHORUS
PROGRAM 6: MOD005 - HARMONIC TREMOLO
PROGRAM 7: UNI003 - UNISON (DOUBLE TAKE)

This last one I really don't know how it sounds, but I had to fill the last program with something :confused:

What about you guys? What do you reckon?

The Mode sensitivity does sound like a pot taper issue. There should be a fair amount of wiggle room between the modes.

Personally I prefer the other two modes of the Unison over the "Double Take".

Since you'd already have a chorus I would probably lean towards the Dual Detune program. It is a micro-pitch type of chorus effect without the LFO sweep.

The Mode sensitivity does sound like a pot taper issue. There should be a fair amount of wiggle room between the modes.

Personally I prefer the other two modes of the Unison over the "Double Take".

Since you'd already have a chorus I would probably lean towards the Dual Detune program. It is a micro-pitch type of chorus effect without the LFO sweep.

So maybe changing program 7 to a Dual detune?

Back