Lone Seeker Cocked Wah for my SCHMORG

dawson

So, thanks to the great wealth of shared information here on the forum, I've got here my first complete DipTrace project- a cocked wah version of the Tychobrahe Parapedal Wah that I put together using the schematic for Pedal PCB's Parasite Wah:

mfhTjlh.jpg

AVjeXhW.jpg

It took two tries to get everything right- the first PCB didn't work until I realized I had my power diode and LED swapped in my schematic 🙃 the knob also functioned opposite of a normal tone control, so I flipped it around so it's set up the way I'm used to. I got some good practice in DipTrace and fortunately JLC made it so my mistakes were cheap!

Anyhow, getting to the actual sounds, this is a great filter!
I line it up before all my gain pedals and turn it on during certain lead/solo bits to get some really unique tones that poke through the band EQ. It's like being able to turn any drive pedal into a Bloody Finger variant.
Running it into the Persica Fuzz is absolutely killer- like fitting a pair of mirrored aviators onto some already righteous tone.

The faceplate can mount into my SCHMORG pedalboard/rack build, or all alone in a 'dummy' 125B:
obbma6V.jpg
ILrLpoj.jpg

More on that here: SCHMORG

Thanks for reading!

I’m loving the aesthetics of the SHMORG Board!!!

Thanks @steviejr92! It's 100% influenced by great work I've seen around the forums-
I'm using aspects from my favorite PCB designers- symmetry much like PedalPCB, added a border much like MadBean, went red and white much like Effects Layouts, all while using Sheepy Love's DipTrace Library as a foundation.

Congrats on the successful Tychobrahe transformation — it's Schmörgalicious!

The Schmörg is responsible in part for my decision to adopt the 120mm Paradigm.

Thanks @Feral Feline I'll be looking forward to seeing more 120mm content!

That Schmorg daughter board is hot too...

Aw- thanks!
Part of me prefers wiring the footswitch the old-fashioned way but the daughter board works way better for holding my larger In/Out wires.

HE’S UNSTOPPABLE

WE'LL SEE :ROFLMAO:

Badass, sir.......Badass :cool:

Thanks @Bio77!
I'm really happy with how it turned out- this circuit really is a great little stacker.

Thanks @steviejr92! It's 100% influenced by great work I've seen around the forums-
I'm using aspects from my favorite PCB designers- symmetry much like PedalPCB, added a border much like MadBean, went red and white much like Effects Layouts, all while using Sheepy Love's DipTrace Library as a foundation.

Thanks @Feral Feline I'll be looking forward to seeing more 120mm content!

Aw- thanks!
Part of me prefers wiring the footswitch the old-fashioned way but the daughter board works way better for holding my larger In/Out wires.

WE'LL SEE :ROFLMAO:

Thanks @Bio77!
I'm really happy with how it turned out- this circuit really is a great little stacker.
Combining all those aspects has paid off! It really has an old school 70s vibe that I love! We need more SHMORG Boards!!!

Back