SOLVED Need some ears to help me with a client’s concern about some ‘fizzle’

KR Sound

I built a Dane and a circuit that’s basically the Lightspeed side and he’s concerned about this fizzle sound that I can barely hear.

Right at 10 seconds and 28 seconds he says.

He just sent it back to me so I’m going to see if I can reproduce this ‘sound’, but is this a bit much or what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the clip Nostradoomus found (post#29), as pointed out the fizzle can still be heard, but I think is somewhat disguised by the extra grit in the tone of the clip.

SOLUTION: Tell the client to only use the pedal with another dirt-pedal set to heavy grit. Then he'll ask you for a combo build and you've satisfied the client AND made more money...

Got new ICs from mouser and put one in and it took care of it. Did they send fake ones initially? Left was purchased a couple of months ago from them and right is the new one.

IMG_2663.jpeg

Sounds like he is a bit too close to his amp no? Honestly, this is sooooo faint, if anything at all. Not sure you'd even be able to reproduce this in a different configuration

Got a response from Hugo about these:

During year 2022 , when there was a big shortage, we did bought around 150 pieces from a different supplier to test them then they failed to test and we separated them but just recently ( beginning of August ) one of our worker mistakenly put them in shelf where the actual stock is, so this mess up happened, but we quickly realized it and immediately sent apology letter to customer and issued refunds. Sorry we didn't think your order was there also. We will be more careful next time.

• Wow
Reactions: spi
Back