New apostle GCI capacitor identification

Zoglob

Hello ! I'm quite new to pedal building (it's my 4th build), so i'm sorry if the newbies question have already been ask. My problem is about the capacitors on the New Apostle kit, espacially the C2 (10u), C7 (1n) and C26 (1u). For the C7 and C26 the code on the capacitor are "1nj63 1N8" (this one is blue, fisrt time I have a blue film capacitor and not a cream one) and "1J63" right ? For the C2 I don't know what is the code, I've got left a 10uF electrolytic capacitor but the socket is clearly for a film capacitor, could it be a mistake from the guy who make the kit ? My second concern is for the rotary switch, first time i've got that kind of stuff in a build. How am I suppose to solder the capacitors on it ? Anyone have a pic ? I understand that I got one capacitor per position, so six capacitors from 1n to 68n ( 1nj63 1N8, 4n7j100, 10nj100, 22nj100, 47nj100 and 68nj100), but I don't kow what to solder and where. On my switch I've got 1 to 12 pins around the switch, in the middle A and C pins, and B D little stuff. I don't knowk either how to solder the switch on the PCB, I've got two sockets for it, one square and the other round.
I hope I've been clear, english is not my native language :giggle:

C7 and C26 are polypropylene film foil made by kemet.
Datasheet here if you'd like.

C2 wouldn't be film at 10u. The standard box film caps we use at this voltage generally stop at 1u. There are larger ones, but they are much larger in size and wouldn't work in pedals. It would likely be a lytic cap or a ceramic or mlcc. If it looks lake an electrolytic, but has no stripe on it, it's a non-polarized electrolytic and orientation doesn't matter.
Pcb designer probably didn't change the pad and in general practice, a non pole EC is the same schematic symbol/function.

What kit is this a part of? Do you have a link? Not sure what you have in hand.
Guessing it's a 2p6t?
Google "varitone rotary switch"
That might get you what you need.

Hello ! I'm quite new to pedal building (it's my 4th build), so i'm sorry if the newbies question have already been ask. My problem is about the capacitors on the New Apostle kit, espacially the C2 (10u), C7 (1n) and C26 (1u). For the C7 and C26 the code on the capacitor are "1nj63 1N8" (this one is blue, fisrt time I have a blue film capacitor and not a cream one) and "1J63" right ? For the C2 I don't know what is the code, I've got left a 10uF electrolytic capacitor but the socket is clearly for a film capacitor, could it be a mistake from the guy who make the kit ? My second concern is for the rotary switch, first time i've got that kind of stuff in a build. How am I suppose to solder the capacitors on it ? Anyone have a pic ? I understand that I got one capacitor per position, so six capacitors from 1n to 68n ( 1nj63 1N8, 4n7j100, 10nj100, 22nj100, 47nj100 and 68nj100), but I don't kow what to solder and where. On my switch I've got 1 to 12 pins around the switch, in the middle A and C pins, and B D little stuff. I don't knowk either how to solder the switch on the PCB, I've got two sockets for it, one square and the other round.
I hope I've been clear, english is not my native language :giggle:
This build is a nightmare and has been on my "almost there shelf" for a while. the 10uf capacitor is being a bastard to find/identify, and worst of all is non-polarized. The film capacitors I've found on mouser are all $4 a pop and with the build documentation its difficult to sort out if its the right bit. I'm also looking for a source for FAC rotary switch break out boards.

What kit is this a part of? Do you have a link? Not sure what you have in hand.
Guessing it's a 2p6t?
Google "varitone rotary switch"
That might get you what you need.

Yeah. Looked at that. "Rotary switch" doesn't help. Can you post a photo?
Or look on small bear and find one that matches? There are a few different ones commonly used in pedal that would work here. Also, there are a few breakout boards for them, depending on which one it is. Want to point you in the right direction because desoldering those is not a good time and not the highest of success rates.

This build is a nightmare and has been on my "almost there shelf" for a while. the 10uf capacitor is being a bastard to find/identify, and worst of all is non-polarized. The film capacitors I've found on mouser are all $4 a pop and with the build documentation its difficult to sort out if its the right bit. I'm also looking for a source for FAC rotary switch break out boards.
FYI, not sure if this is too late, but according to Facebook C2 should be 68nF and the 10uF is a mistake.

Back