No clipping on Kliche Mini

apierz

I've got a Kliche mini that isn't clipping. As I turn the gain knob I get changes in volume and it sounds like it is mixing two channels, but they are both clean, even with the gain turned all the way up. I get sound when the pedal is on and when it's off and the treble knob and volume pot seem to be working.

The issue seems similar to the one in this thread:

so I've tried the advice there.

1. Tested for continuity using these charts and got continuity on all of them:

Kliche Mini Continuity Test.jpg 1658508021991.png

2. Did my best to verify all component values.
3. Changed out the TL072 ICs
4. Tested forward voltage on GE diodes: (.323 and .313)

I've also tried an audio probe but since I get signal all the way through I'm not sure how to pin down the problem. Here's some pictures of the board, any advice would be appreciated.
Image-1 - Copy.jpeg Image-2 - Copy.jpeg

Image.jpeg Image-3 - Copy.jpeg

You may have a bad Gain Pot, you wouldn't be the First
You said that it gets Louder when its CCW, doesn't seem right?

From what I understand of how the circuit works it blends in the clipped signal with a clean signal with the dual gang gain pot controlling the ratio. The more CCW the pot the more clean signal and the more CW the pot the more clipped signal. So this is what I would expect if there was an issue in the pot with the clipped signal path leading the pedal to be at its loudest where the clean signal is maxed and getting quieter as the clean signal is blended out but none, or a weak signal, is mixed in. So I think you may be right about the gain pot being the source of trouble.

Here's what I get when I measure the resistance values on that pot:

Fully CW:

top:
1->3: 35k
2->3: 2k

bottom:
1->3: 1.5k
2->3: 2k

Fully CCW:

top:
1->3: 101k
2->3: 101k