Nobelium preamp build

Kilo95

Good morning everyone. Got my nobelium pedal built. I get a crackling static in the XLR and 1/4” outputs. I’ve tried with the 1/4 input disconnected. The vol/bass/treb knobs don’t affect the noise via the XLR (didn’t try those when the 1/4 was the output). I do get a nice bass sound through it when I tried to play for a second. I reflowed the solder on the tube sockets and the daughter boards. I also saw the led on v2 flickering. Seems like maybe somewhere in the power supply but I can’t find a schematic that includes the power supply section. I’m using a cioks dc7 at 9V to supply it. Any suggestions? A schematic including the power supply would be awesome. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8735.jpeg
    IMG_8735.jpeg
    503.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8736.jpeg
    IMG_8736.jpeg
    676.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8737.jpeg
    IMG_8737.jpeg
    689.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8738.jpeg
    IMG_8738.jpeg
    634.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8739.jpeg
    IMG_8739.jpeg
    681.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8740.jpeg
    IMG_8740.jpeg
    556.4 KB · Views: 19
I’m also using a Mullard 12au7 from my other tube preamp for v1 and an rca 12au7 for v2. I have tried swapping those with no change

I would recommend reflowing the solder connections to the jacks, a couple points around there look suspect, and a flickering LED tells me there's an intermittent connection somewhere.

I'll get the full Nobelium schematic pulled in a minute and get it up here.

Power portion is on this thread. This is the basis for most of his projects. The trimpot isn’t used though. It has a fixed resistor in its place.

This is a trace I did from the Nobelium PCB when I got my PCB, I think it is correct but I will not guarantee it.
I always trace any PCB I get to better understand the circuit before I build them.
Cheers
Mick

Attachments

• Sushi Box Nobelium Schematic PCB Trace.pdf
    46.5 KB · Views: 27
Back