Nobelium - tube bass preamp project

Line 6 just added a noble to their Helix products.

I'm interested in how itll stack up considering that the real noble doesn't do much. The magic of the noble seems hard to convey digitally.

I'm expecting the Hx version will have a little more gain and saturation than the real noble so that you can actually hear it when you turn it on

I fully intend to. I just got back from a 4 day trip and am in the process of training for a new job, but doing a solid demo is very much going to happen.

For those who got these boards - fatness awaits!

I may have to mod mine, y'all are MAKING IT DIFFICULT to decide on LED colours — might have few on a rotary switch, or just go whole-hog and have the tri-colour LEDs that you can dial in any colour within the visible spectrum.

i just finished building my Nobelium and tested it. everything seems to work fine and it sounds very nice but is it supposed to have such a low output? i would have thought that it would be able to go way past my true bypassed volume with the volume pot dimed. i'm using older mullard 12AU7's in it but they test to full spec on my triplett 3444 tube tester and also work perfect in my tube amps

i just finished building my Nobelium and tested it. everything seems to work fine and it sounds very nice but is it supposed to have such a low output? i would have thought that it would be able to go way past my true bypassed volume with the volume pot dimed. i'm using older mullard 12AU7's in it but they test to full spec on my triplett 3444 tube tester and also work perfect in my tube amps
It shouldn't be super low, it should be well over unity. What voltage are you getting (tested CAREFULLY) at the cathode of the UF4007?

I’m curious: anyone tried out this guy (or the “real” Nobel) on acoustic guitar? I’m kind of spitballing around the idea of putting together a dual-purpose bass/acoustic board as I find myself using similar effects on both. Wondering if it wouldn’t also work to add some nice tubey goodness as an acoustic DI as well.

I’m curious: anyone tried out this guy (or the “real” Nobel) on acoustic guitar? I’m kind of spitballing around the idea of putting together a dual-purpose bass/acoustic board as I find myself using similar effects on both. Wondering if it wouldn’t also work to add some nice tubey goodness as an acoustic DI as well.
I haven't tried it (yet) but I expect it would be pretty great on acoustic.

So I built this and played with it for a few days. It sounds great. I only tested it on bass personally. I told some friends about it and let them use it and haven't seen it since, lol. Not a bad thing, they all love it and have been testing it on all of there setups. I know it has already been used for some studio work and possibly a few gigs but haven‘t received all the details yet. The studio work was acoustic guitar and he was super pleased. One of my bass playing friends was also going to use it for some tracks but haven‘t got details yet. I can tell you I have ordered a few more boards to build for myself (again) and a few others. so far it has been well received by all that have played through it.

Back