DEMO Nobleman- C2C nobelium

This post contains an audio or video demo

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
When @vigilante398 announced this project I knew I wanted to build it but wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on it. I tried to talk myself out of it but ultimately it served a purpose and will get used. My first tube pedal project that I didn't feel was just a gimmick.

The nobelium is the noble tube bass preamp/di for anyone whose been living under a rock. I really nice clean interpretation of your bass. The tubes give it a nice warmth and depth that my sludgehammer did not have. The EQ is very responsive and powerful in sculpting your tone. And, it takes pedals extremely well.

It was a simple build with a low parts count but costly build with the transformer. I ended up going with the LBA transformer because hand wound. I used a couple ECC82s from my stash of tubes, these were in an amp I no longer have so bonus. For my design I went with the nobleman Baron Zemo. Super thrilled with how the build turned out. Simply love playing through this. For the sound clip I showed compression and drive, perhaps another clip with modulation is coming.
PXL_20231128_000330576~2.jpg PXL_20231128_000419677~2.jpg PXL_20231122_211807868.jpg

0wcjBh.gif

She's a beaut. Art is always on point. Nice job. Sounds great too. I hope to hear a clip with modulation for sure.
thanks, I'll have to throw some flanger and phaser at it with dirt
@Guardians of the analog gave me a sneak preview of that clip and I immediately went to order one. Freaking out of stock. WTF @vigilante398 ??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm surprised you didn't have this built already :ROFLMAO:

Rightfully named too after watching that demo…im not a big bass player but I can see why people would like this.

The cleans this can get is kind of shall I say perfect…really accentuates the bass in a nice why. Awesome demo too!

I can't believe I missed this one - what an awesome build!

I also appreciate the sound sample - we need more demos! This is probably the pedal I am most excited about right now and I haven't even gotten started on it yet. I have the transformer (LB) but still need the tubes and hv caps. Hopefully this weekend I can start populating the board and find out what else I'm missing (there's always that random resistor), but at the end of the day I know that no matter what I'm not going to get everything in my first orders :ROFLMAO:

Missed this one somehow. Absolutely killer. Sounds incredible— might be a spendy build, but compared to the other options it’s well worth it, it seems!

Love the purple! Great build. I am sure you are aware as well but in the future if you wanted to change the leds to a more purple (because why not, lol) I have found the tayda clear pink leds have more of a violet tint vs a pink color.

Attachments

• IMG_4124.jpeg
    IMG_4124.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 4
When @vigilante398 announced this project I knew I wanted to build it but wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money on it. I tried to talk myself out of it but ultimately it served a purpose and will get used. My first tube pedal project that I didn't feel was just a gimmick.

The nobelium is the noble tube bass preamp/di for anyone whose been living under a rock. I really nice clean interpretation of your bass. The tubes give it a nice warmth and depth that my sludgehammer did not have. The EQ is very responsive and powerful in sculpting your tone. And, it takes pedals extremely well.

It was a simple build with a low parts count but costly build with the transformer. I ended up going with the LBA transformer because hand wound. I used a couple ECC82s from my stash of tubes, these were in an amp I no longer have so bonus. For my design I went with the nobleman Baron Zemo. Super thrilled with how the build turned out. Simply love playing through this. For the sound clip I showed compression and drive, perhaps another clip with modulation is coming.
View attachment 61672View attachment 61673View attachment 61674
Sounds and looks amazing.

Back