Nuther Pharmacist (Dr Robert) Build

Cybercow

I was intrigued by the the Dr Robert (PedalPCB "Pharmacist") and thought to build one out. Found a nice copy of the original artwork on the web and went for that as the enclosure paint job. (Professionally painted and drilled by AmplifyFun in Portland.)
I find it a really nice distortion box. Having been used by the Beatles on their "Revolver" album, this circuit is a plus!

Dr_Robert_Pharmacist_Done.jpg

Dr_Robert_Pharmacist_Gutshot.jpg

I was intrigued by the the Dr Robert (PedalPCB "Pharmacist") and thought to build one out. Found a nice copy of the original artwork on the web and went for that as the enclosure paint job. (Professionally painted and drilled by AmplifyFun in Portland.)
I find it a really nice distortion box. Having been used by the Beatles on their "Revolver" album, this circuit is a plus!

View attachment 65191

View attachment 65192
That came out nice. Every time I see one of these I want to build it. I have put it in my cart and taken it out probably 5 different times.

That came out nice. Every time I see one of these I want to build it. I have put it in my cart and taken it out probably 5 different times.
Do it. I built one as a gift. I'll be ordering another in my next PPCB cart for myself.
In a world full of FF and TB variants, this one really stands out.
It would be a really cool parallel build with something more sputtery as well.

View attachment 65191

View attachment 65192
I really love love his circuit. Very unique. Great job! I'll be building another for myself.
Did you plot the drill pattern yourself or use the tayda pattern posted here some months ago?
I ask because I used the one posted here and it plotted the breakout boards directly above the pcb. See my build photo.
I had to order long header pins but I actually like the tidiness of it.

I really love love his circuit. Very unique. Great job! I'll be building another for myself.
Did you plot the drill pattern yourself or use the tayda pattern posted here some months ago?
I ask because I used the one posted here and it plotted the breakout boards directly above the pcb. See my build photo.
I had to order long header pins but I actually like the tidiness of it.
Thanks! I plotted the drills myself on a blank 1590BB Photoshop template provided by AmplifyFun, then submitted the filled-in template (with drill points/sizes and artwork) back to them.

Nice work! I am currently building this and I am also using the original artwork I found online for my water decal.

Back