Pharmacist - White Album. Ed

jwin615

I don't share a lot of builds here. Most are sharpie or label maker graphics, and lately most site in a cigar box waiting for a box. But I'm finishing up a couple of projects for my young adult nieces for Xmas. I really wanted these to be unique and have pizzazz. This one, a pharmacist build, needed a good enclosure. I've battles getting hands around graphic stuff, but time is the challenge(actually got a few test enclosures designed while waiting at the dealership yesterday, so, progress). So, I needed help. I reached out to the awesome and talented @jessenator and he was cool enough to help out. It was a realitivly simple concept that I had been kicking around. A few back and forths, some gracious advice and wisdom as I hadn't done a UV print bedore and he pulled it off spectacularly.
Then came me navigating Tayda drill tool and printing which I thought I nailed. Well, apparently I didn't order the gloss layer. That held everything up for a couple days, then I bought 3 switches and 3 gloss layers and emailed both orders numbers over.
Hugo refunded the second order and took care of the gloss layer for me, which was very important as it essentially*is* the design.
Now that it's in hand and built. It's exactly what I was after. @jessenator did an awesome job. Thanks again! My niece will love it. A quick playthrough has me wondering what was up with the boost, it was very mild. Then I remembered it had an internal trimmer. Once properly and promptly dimed, the circuit really came to life. I love it. I'm going to have to build one for my own stash
A few things about the build, the linked drill template in the forum works great, but it does align the footswitch and main PCB holes vertically. This works out great with some male to male headers pins. Just order ahead. What's $2 on AliExpress is $18 on Amazon ...
I didn't do much with the transistors except with the 2n2222a, I pulled a handful out of my stash, measured hfe and populated them for low to high through the circuit. Don't know if that made any difference at all but it seemed like *a* thing to do, so I did and it sounds awesome.
I do have some cleanup to do, leads to snip and apparently I hastily repopulated the white led backwards in my rush to button this up. Doh!
IMG_20231217_205359803_HDR.jpg
When the angle is correct...
IMG_20231217_205417412_HDR.jpg
Rear print! Apple Corp
IMG_20231217_205429270_HDR.jpg IMG_20231217_205511179_HDR.jpg
The one off white cap bugs me, but oh well.
A drill template for the trimmers would be an awesome addition.
If I have time, I'll break the calipers out and manually drill it.

A drill template for the trimmers would be an awesome addition.
You could do this mod if you want them on top;

George seems to be featured a little more than rest so I guess we know Harry is his favorite mop top.
done totally subconsciously
TbqSAIC.gif

They need to go through the hole in the enclosure for stability.
You can get 3362 trimmers with knobs on them but they don't do all the values!

View attachment 63680
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Who needs stability? (I'm certainly not stable.)
MOER Sōlder makes more stable. 🤣
I think if they were to be near flush, they'd be pretty stable as there's no real risk of lateral force.

Wrapping up for the holiday. The shiny Al knobs didn't sit right on the matte case. I tried the mini chickens one more time, nope. Tapping beaks. Damn it. Saw micro chicken somewhere but they were out of white.
Went with these. The whites not the right white and they're not chicken heads but they'll work.
IMG_20231222_210506095_HDR.jpg
Davies 1400s fit too
IMG_20231222_210540072.jpg

Back