DEMO Octa Mayer

This post contains an audio or video demo

jjjimi84

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is another octave fuzz video this time featuring my son and the Octa Mayer Fuzz. I had forgotten about filming his talking portion and recently discovered it while editing videos, so I then shot the audio just to use his footage. I had a lot of fun with this and am starting to get the hang of editing, my editing abilities are catching up to my ideas which is nice.

Never mind that psycho clown that is next weeks video.
2fFtkUH.jpg

qEOlXeq.jpg

Lastly yesterday my son decided he wanted to try and learn to play guitar, so we went over to Guitar Center and scored a mini Stratocaster and he has started taking lessons with me. Very exciting day for me and he said that he wants to play on the videos to make some cash. We are going to film a video of him picking his first pedal board and amp. He has some decent choices for them....

kZPP9y7.jpg

That fuzz sounds awesome and you're a cool Dad!

May I share a little story time?
I got the itch at age 9 after seeing a band of some older kids, but my Dad (not a musician) had heard some idiot say "guitar players should learn to play on acoustic guitars," which he repeated to me for a whole year until finally giving-in and letting me buy an electric guitar/amp.

I'm still a little bitter about it :ROFLMAO:

I showed my appreciation by serenading the family home with hours of open chords and fumbly scales through an 8" speaker with the gain absolutely cranked- I imagine you'll be hearing similar tunes smashing through your home before long, *but with much better tone choices!

Those are some "good dad moves' you're making.
Thank you! I don’t know if I am doing it right but I am enjoying ever minute of it.
Great demo as always I really enjoy these videos keep it up man!
Thank you! No plans on stopping now.
That fuzz sounds awesome and you're a cool Dad!

May I share a little story time?
I got the itch at age 9 after seeing a band of some older kids, but my Dad (not a musician) had heard some idiot say "guitar players should learn to play on acoustic guitars," which he repeated to me for a whole year until finally giving-in and letting me buy an electric guitar/amp.

I'm still a little bitter about it :ROFLMAO:

I showed my appreciation by serenading the family home with hours of open chords and fumbly scales through an 8" speaker with the gain absolutely cranked- I imagine you'll be hearing similar tunes smashing through your home before long, *but with much better tone choices!
Thank you for saying so, I love being a Dad. I love that story and had a similar kind of thing. My parents were not too keen on the idea but after i saved and bought my own then were okay with it but it was supposed to be low on my priority list. It consumed my life and still does, now its funny because Mom was over and took a pedal home because she liked the art work after watching the demo video.

My first amp was an epiphone 8” practice amp, paired with a boss metal zone and a love of grunge rock, my poor parents.

Thank you! I don’t know if I am doing it right but I am enjoying ever minute of it.

Thank you for saying so, I love being a Dad. I love that story and had a similar kind of thing. My parents were not too keen on the idea but after i saved and bought my own then were okay with it but it was supposed to be low on my priority list. It consumed my life and still does, now its funny because Mom was over and took a pedal home because she liked the art work after watching the demo video.

My first amp was an epiphone 8” practice amp, paired with a boss metal zone and a love of grunge rock, my poor parents.
I used to wheel my kids around with me in a stroller whenever I went "guitar grubbing". Which was the term my wife used when I went to the guitar stores to "feel up" some guitars. (Or "grubbing" as it were). All 3 kids went through that with me.

There's really no higher calling in life than parenthood. Scared the crap out of me, sometimes still does, even though my kids are all grown.:)
I love your son's focus, he may be the biggest Youtube Influencer yet!

Edit: Awesome demo as always Dan! You inspire me!

I saw this on YT a bit ago - great work with the video and the demo. I know those things take a lot of time and effort to put together and I really do appreciate them. Sound demos seem fairly hard to come by, especially ones done with the thoughtfulness that you take.

Also, your son is like your little twin, dude. I'm sure he'll have a blast with his new guitar. My daughter is turning three next month and I'm going to get her one of those little 3 string Loog guitars to bang around on and am looking forward to it.

HA! I totally remember the "low priority" thing too, "Make sure you're done with aaaaall your homework and aaaaaall of your chores first.."
*our house at the time was not big and the walls were like paper.

I've got 2 nieces, (2 & 3 years old) and I've already scored a pair of Peavey T-30 short-scale guitars in case they ever show interest- my poor brother.

That's all sorts of Awesome! Like in the A-team awesome....
What a fun video to watch and how cool to see your son having a blast and getting into it!
He'll never have spare money to get into other trouble now, very wise move! Very healthy... ;)

There's really no higher calling in life than parenthood. Scared the crap out of me, sometimes still does, even though my kids are all grown.:)
I love your son's focus, he may be the biggest Youtube Influencer yet!

Edit: Awesome demo as always Dan! You inspire me!
He loves doing the videos so I think we will do a few more, he gets paid handsomely and has been asking to do more.
I saw this on YT a bit ago - great work with the video and the demo. I know those things take a lot of time and effort to put together and I really do appreciate them. Sound demos seem fairly hard to come by, especially ones done with the thoughtfulness that you take.

Also, your son is like your little twin, dude. I'm sure he'll have a blast with his new guitar. My daughter is turning three next month and I'm going to get her one of those little 3 string Loog guitars to bang around on and am looking forward to it.
Thank you so much! He and I are thick as thieves, played Nintendo and listened to music for like two hours today. Its all part of my “recovery” thats what i told the wife when she asked what we did today.
I've got 2 nieces, (2 & 3 years old) and I've already scored a pair of Peavey T-30 short-scale guitars in case they ever show interest- my poor brother.
Story time!!!!

Five of my siblings are roughly ten years younger than me. When they were tweens and i was a drunk 24 year old i decided it would be hilarious to buy them all fireworks and cross bows, with real arrows, for Christmas.

I got yelled at for a while at that one.

I will always do that stuff for a laugh and a prank. I can’t wait for them all to have kids.

He loves doing the videos so I think we will do a few more, he gets paid handsomely and has been asking to do more.

Thank you so much! He and I are thick as thieves, played Nintendo and listened to music for like two hours today. Its all part of my “recovery” thats what i told the wife when she asked what we did today.

Story time!!!!

Five of my siblings are roughly ten years younger than me. When they were tweens and i was a drunk 24 year old i decided it would be hilarious to buy them all fireworks and cross bows, with real arrows, for Christmas.

I got yelled at for a while at that one.

I will always do that stuff for a laugh and a prank. I can’t wait for them all to have kids.

Dude- best brother ever!
If I did something like that, my sister-in-law would never speak to me again (not that she speaks to me now.. :ROFLMAO: )
*Please tell me the fireworks and arrows got fastened together somehow?

Dude- best brother ever!
If I did something like that, my sister-in-law would never speak to me again (not that she speaks to me now.. :ROFLMAO: )
*Please tell me the fireworks and arrows got fastened together somehow?
Its even better actually. My step dad took all of the arrows and hid them but being one step ahead we started using pencils. It was a shit show, mind you although I instigated this shit show my brothers needed no help and much to my mothers amusement the stupidity continues

Back