OP2604 pedal suggestions?

Synchrony Pedalworks

I picked up a OPA2604 IC. I know that I can use it as a substitute for a lot of op-amps. However, are there any pedals designed for it?

I found that the Wonder Drive uses it, but are there others?
Thanks!

I picked up a OPA2604 IC. I know that I can use it as a substitute for a lot of op-amps. However, are there any pedals designed for it?

I found that the Wonder Drive uses it, but are there others?
Thanks!
probably anything that calls for a TL072 that isn't a drive / distortion.
e.g. something that runs clean like a delay, reverb, or modulation would get the most out of it.

A Analogking Zentone (a boutique overdrive from HongKong from the 80ies) carries one, which is a early Zendrive clone.

If i look at the specs, i’d everything that calls for a OPA2134. Its very smooth with even decay when driven, so mild and transparent or smooth overdrives like Lightspeed, TSV 808 or a Hermidia Zendrive.

Last edited:
That one’s great in a “high gain” Zendrive. The first variant Alf did after handing over production to Lovepedal was the Guitar Center edition with the red painted artwork on a black enclosure.

The only changes were 1M Gain pot and an OPA2604 IC. :)

That one’s great in a “high gain” Zendrive. The first variant Alf did after handing over production to Lovepedal was the Guitar Center edition with the red painted artwork on a black enclosure.

The only changes were 1M Gain pot and an OPA2604 IC. :)
That is good information. I will need to look at that for one of my next orders.

I like the OPA2604 for opamp clipping - think Okko Dominator, Dumbloid, etc. probably,.would rock in those new Dumble pedals (crystal lettuce overdrives).

I have a Crystal Lettuce Silver built up and about to be boxed up, and a stash of 2604s I bought like 20 years ago, I'll have to give that a shot. It sounds really good with the LT1057 I have in there right now though, actually. The 2604s worked well in some Keeley-ized TS-9s I built for a couple of friends several years ago in any case.

Back