SOLVED Organ Donor - Possible Bad FV Chip?

thrillhouse

Hey there everyone,
Officially stuck with this one and I think it may be a bad FV chip but since this board came with the chip pre-soldered, I wanted to see if anyone had any other insight as to what might be going on or things that I could check. As it stands now, I am getting good audio into pins 1&2 on the FV however I am getting nothing out at pin 28; no hum, no low volume, only hearing the ringing in my ears which is a totally different issue!

I checked each pin on the FV and continuity looked good from all of the points. The pots are properly affecting the voltages on their respective pins, and all of the grounds looked good as well. I’ve attached a list of voltage readings/results that I received, and some pics of the board. Sorry for the underside ones! Tricky to get a shot with the pots in place. Under the magnifier all of the pins looked clean (no bridges) on the FV but I tried reflowing solder on the points anyway with no changes. Also I should note that I get clean signal but if I turn the Mix to wet, I get nothing.

Please let me know if I can provide anymore information and any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

Attachments

• pin testing.png
    pin testing.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4174.JPG
    IMG_4174.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4181.JPG
    IMG_4181.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 20
Sorry for the delay and thank for the tip! Grounding pin 13 does in fact allow audio to pass so does that mean I may have a bad 24LC32A?
How are grounding the 13 pin? Are you soldering a jumper from 13 to ground? I actually have a HAARP and a Hydra that I cannot get sound out of the FV-1. I've soldered a handful of FV-1s and other surface mount transistors now and have not had any issues until these two. I've run continuity checks through both boards and everything seems fine except the FV-1 not passing signal. Not ruling out me frying the FV-1s, but I'd like to know for sure. Thank you!

I've built an organ donor, it's a lot of fun, you're going to love it.

There is usually a resistor between this pin and either ground or 3.3v. If it was me doing it I would lift the supply end of that resistor and tack it to a ground connection somewhere - easier that trying to solder to those small pins.

There is usually a resistor between this pin and either ground or 3.3v. If it was me doing it I would lift the supply end of that resistor and tack it to a ground connection somewhere - easier that trying to solder to those small pins.
that does sound easier, i'll give that a try.

Back