Paragon - LED problems

assaf110

Hi,

Just finished the Paragon build - pedal sounds fine, all seems fine apart from the LEDs - they are very dim when switching on each channel, turn completely off when both sides are on, and sometimes turn on when the opposite side is engaged (?.. 😲). Any ideas?
could they be simply backwards?..

Hi,

Just finished the Paragon build - pedal sounds fine, all seems fine apart from the LEDs - they are very dim when switching on each channel, turn completely off when both sides are on, and sometimes turn on when the opposite side is engaged (?.. 😲). Any ideas?
could they be simply backwards?..
If backwards I don't think they would light at all, and I wouldn't think they are connected, sure you got the right CLR in there?

Sounds like a power issue, not enough current or not being distributed correctly could be several things as Barry says your CLR the LEDs themselves a cold solder joint causing high resistance bad ground, solder bridge etc

With you saying they're dim, both don't light with both channels selected I'd suspect they're not getting enough juice to conduct properly or one's grabbing more than the other, are they just your bog standard type LEDs?

Visually check all your SW, GND wiring, solder joints on the CLRs, LEDs, ground and switch connections reflow any grey, ball like or crumbly looking solder joints for around 4 seconds till you get a nice flow obviously taking care you don't apply too much heat to the LEDs

Here are some pics. The LEDs were tested before installation, they are fine. Since both channels acting the same, is there a mutual connection I should focus on? I will try to reflow some of the soldering points.

Attachments

• E476D396-D9BE-4BC8-AFBF-F1EF61A980F3.jpeg
    E476D396-D9BE-4BC8-AFBF-F1EF61A980F3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 234ADBDF-6743-4176-B0F0-DEAEB94DB892.jpeg
    234ADBDF-6743-4176-B0F0-DEAEB94DB892.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
The LED solder joints don't look great I'm assuming both are not bridged and it's just the angle of the photo

With the LEDs I was just asking if they were standard types with nothing unusual infrared or whatever

Last edited:
Gotta be something simple it's just finding the damn thing that's difficult

Out of curiosity when they both light dimly is one noticeably brighter than the other

Gotta be something simple it's just finding the damn thing that's difficult

Out of curiosity when they both light dimly is one noticeably brighter than the other
I went to the pedal, to check how dim are the LEDs, I don't know what the hell is going on, but everything working fine now! 🤖 The LED are bright and work perfectly... The only thing I did is open the pedal to take a picture!.. 😎

Last edited:
Back