Parasite Wah mod- better sweep!

innerlight

Hey pedal friends
Just built the parasite wah! It sounds cool overall BUT I find the volume in the toe up position to be loud and overdriven in comparison to the toe down which is pretty quiet and dull.
The toe up zone sounds really good but I think it "ends too soon" if that makes sense. I find myself making micro adjustments within the toe up range, and trying to avoid the toe down zone which is the bottom 50% of the sweep.
Can anyone recommend a pot that would have a more complementary and even sweep/taper, that would favor the high sweep?? Or perhaps another mod that would even it out?
I'm also going to try these mods so ill post results here, if they help.
Thanks in advance

Ok I did all the mods mentioned elsewhere on this site and it helped with the sound for sure. HOWEVER, I just noticed that the pot is backwards- meaning toe down is dull and toe up is bright! I know I have it installed probably, could this be an issue with how I have the pot wired??
Help me please!

Ok I did all the mods mentioned elsewhere on this site and it helped with the sound for sure. HOWEVER, I just noticed that the pot is backwards- meaning toe down is dull and toe up is bright! I know I have it installed probably, could this be an issue with how I have the pot wired??
Help me please!
That’s exactly what it is, or the “Kenny Wayne Shepard mod.”

Back