PARENTHESES BOOST TROUBLE

Hugo

Hello (sorry for my english)
I've built Parenthese 2020 version and all section works exept :

the section 3 and 4 of cliping rotary (i've change the two GE diode and il works better)
The boost doesn't works in first time because R31 are bad value (470K.. I Change for 470R) and it works correctly after but...
This resistance broke beause i'v made a bad soldering and for remove it I broke the pad....
I try to fix it and solder R31 to the pinout of BS170 and the rest to the ground of R29
BUT boost doesn't work no soud.....

Someone can help me ?

BS170 is out ? Bad connection of R31 to the BS ? Audio probe Maybe ?

THX from France

Hi thx,
Yes the twice are over ! I did this connection but doesn't works... no sound
I'll retry after job :)

How can check continuity ? With my "multimeter" ?

Thx

Hi thx,
Yes the twice are over ! I did this connection but doesn't works... no sound
I'll retry after job :)

How can check continuity ? With my "multimeter" ?

Thx
Yes, There should be a function when you touch the Red Probe to the Black probe & you get a BEEP noise.

Do you know the Brand & Model of your Multimeter?
This is what should be on screen :
DMM Continuity Screen.jpg
OL means Open Loop, Beep symbol & Resistance symbol.

Last edited:
The symbol on your meter looks like this
20201008_121630.jpg
You can also use your meter resistance / ohms function a few ohms means it has a good electrical connection a '1' means it's high resistance or open circuit and no electrical connection

As music6000 has shown you place your meter probes on the coloured parts yellow to yellow, red to red and so on you want those points to have a good low ohms reading and not a '1'

The symbol on your meter looks like this
View attachment 6824
You can also use your meter resistance / ohms function a few ohms means it has a good electrical connection a '1' means it's high resistance or open circuit and no electrical connection

As music6000 has shown you place your meter probes on the coloured parts yellow to yellow, red to red and so on you want those points to have a good low ohms reading and not a '1'
ok I understand thank you ! I do this tonignht and I send message here after.

Thx

You can Solder piece of Resistor lead pictured in Green from bottom of 470r to 470K if that is only damaged pad.

If fop pad of 470r damaged, then Solder piece of resistor lead pictured in Red to BS170
Parentheses Jjumper Fix.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom