Parentheses Fuzz current version w/ vid

Danbieranowski

Put this monster together yesterday and ran into an issue where the octave knob would only roll in clean tone. Found the issue after an assist from @Nostradoomus and @PedalPCB, which was a single wrong resistor value, but also led to updated build docs which is always a good thing. Not too difficult of a build. Swapped the PF5102s with J113s which worked well. Complete beast of a pedal.

CDFF413F-53C1-4AA5-A40C-C44C5048F159.jpeg
9B88AEBE-D4F5-477F-A351-3D0B9995C3FF.jpeg
And here’s how it sounds:

sounds great! what exactly was wrong with the build document? i've got a partially populated board based on the previous document, what should i look out for?

sounds great! what exactly was wrong with the build document? i've got a partially populated board based on the previous document, what should i look out for?

The current document is accurate and has been updated. It's kind of hard to explain what was different on the build doc, but basically, there was a component labeled R15/10k. The board I had showed a resistor in this same position, but as 100k. As it turned out, the board layout had been altered (the 10k and 100k resistors changed locations) and the board itself was accurate, but the build doc hadn't been updated to match the newest board layout. It is now updated to match that. So basically, when in doubt, follow the board layout!

"Follow the board. Occasionally components get moved around on the board so they might not match the build docs, but the board is always bound to the schematic." - @PedalPCB

Not to confuse anyone, but I guess the only other case I found that didn't follow that advice was the Paragon (KoT), where the build docs had been updated following a thread here, and the board still contained the outdated values.

Not to confuse anyone, but I guess the only other case I found that didn't follow that advice was the Paragon (KoT), where the build docs had been updated following a thread here, and the board still contained the outdated values.

Good to know!

The current document is accurate and has been updated. It's kind of hard to explain what was different on the build doc, but basically, there was a component labeled R15/10k. The board I had showed a resistor in this same position, but as 100k. As it turned out, the board layout had been altered (the 10k and 100k resistors changed locations) and the board itself was accurate, but the build doc hadn't been updated to match the newest board layout. It is now updated to match that. So basically, when in doubt, follow the board layout!

"Follow the board. Occasionally components get moved around on the board so they might not match the build docs, but the board is always bound to the schematic." - @PedalPCB
thanks, i think i can make sense of that on my board. i'll verify that this weekend. much appreciated!

Back