Parentheses Mini

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
First posted build report here so forgive if I'm missing things or botch the formatting.

I don't play a lot of doomy or heavy stuff, but still wanted to build this to potentially swap out a muff clone I built when I was first starting out. Finished it late last night and gave it a quick spin. Sounds pretty heavy in a good way to me! I was having a grounding issue somewhere though - with all knobs at zero I was getting some radio signals come through. I snipped what looked like a stray wire on the footswitch this morning and it seems to have made a difference, but no idea if that's actually what did it. I'm still a total amateur when it comes to the theory behind all this.

I'd never really play Rats either, so I'm getting used to dialing in the filter and amplitude, and how that responds to the different clipping options. The octave is cool, but I like it around 9-10 o clock, rather than too up front.

The build itself was super straight forward thanks to the very well laid out PCB. Only hiccups were when realized I was out of a few components halfway through. Classic. I opted for an OP07 and 1N5817s for the ge diodes, per everyone's recommendations in this thread.

For the exterior, I've recently been into the matte finishes from Tayda. UV printed something I came up with after thinking about the original Life pedal. Fancy gold switches and aluminum knobs from lovemyswitches. The golds on the knobs and footswitches are slightly different but they're close enough. All in all good fun getting loud. Don't know much Sunn O, but the few True Widow chords I know sound pretty great on it!

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 78
  • guts.jpg
    guts.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 80
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 78
Back