Parentheses Mini

Fuzzonaut

Here's my Parentheses Mini. Somehow keeping up with the "tradition" of the Mini, it didn't work when I fired it up .....
The boost was ok, but the rest was silent.

I followed the signal with an audio probe and everything was fine until the signal hit the LM308. As I have a big Parentheses around that works, I tried the LM308 that was in there and bingo - sounds great with a real or working LM308.

Otherwise, I used 3 tantalums (C13-15) and matched D9Ks for the octave, as in the big one.
And because I can't handle two foot switches on a 125B, I opted for a bigger encloure, resulting in more wiring.
So yeah, it's not that tidy in there ....

P1030024.jpg

P1030032.jpg

That’s interesting, the thing with the lm308... I’m thinking about changing it. I’ve read about some issues with lower qualities or fakes. ive got the problem that the dist pot with higher level causes dropouts of audio..

Thanks guys.

I don't know the story about the LM308s ... I got the bad one from Banzai, the good one was from Musikding, I think.

And yes, that's a BB. I left the Filter pot and the Clip switch in place and moved everything else a bit to the sides.

I just use CA3130s because that's what you find in BJF stuff, and a lot of his pedals are Rat based. I can't be bothered chasing LM308s. If Bjorn uses CA3130s how bad can they be? Mine have always worked.

Back