SOLVED Parenthesis octave problem

K Pedals

I just finished the new board and everything works good except when I turn the octave on...When I engage the octave switch the more I turn the potentiometer up the less volume the distortion has... like it’s sending it to ground and there is no octave at all...
Do you see any obvious mistakes on the board/wiring???

Attachments

• AFF2D9E5-5787-43BD-BB38-7C40F28E205A.jpeg
    AFF2D9E5-5787-43BD-BB38-7C40F28E205A.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 84
Can you measure the DC voltage on Q2's emitter?

My guess is that EQD is screening their Ge diodes for the proper amount of leakage and the rest of us are not. Knowing Q2's operating point will prove or disprove that theory.

I'm experiencing the same problem, i socketed the diodes section to swap them but I always have the same problem: turning up the octave pot, the volume goes down to zero.
Have you fixed your build?
Thanks
Nope...
Has anyone had a successful build using the 3 foot switches on the new board???

If one of you guys with the octave issue wants to ship your build to me I'll bust out the old O'Scope and see what's going on.
I can't troubleshoot them all, but I'll take a look at one and see if maybe there is a common issue.

Just shoot me a message.

EDIT: Got one on the way. I'll post findings as soon as I get it checked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that EQD put the diodes in backwards on accident, just like they messed up the clipping selector switch labeling in order to get these out quickly. I have an email from Jamie stating this (about the label), and they fixed it on the second half of the gold case run.

My guess is that EQD put the diodes in backwards on accident, just like they messed up the clipping selector switch labeling in order to get these out quickly. I have an email from Jamie stating this (about the label), and they fixed it on the second half of the gold case run.
I don't think that's the problem. I've already swapped the diodes

Nope...
Has anyone had a successful build using the 3 foot switches on the new board???

This guy has.

This guy has.

What do he do different than the rest of us?

Back