Parthenon

JamieJ

Yep, so this ones a keeper.

I A/B'd this against my paragon mini and this definitely won hands down. It goes from clean boost, to overdrive and to great crunch tones. It also plays nicely with others, particularly my klone build. The gain switch is a really useful addition to a blues breaker type circuit.

This is my first go of using relay switching. It's great and it worked first time thankfully. This is the simple latching relay and its faultless! I can see myself using this on quite a lot of builds where it suits.

EDIT: The DPDT and the B100k pot spacing are super tight but I found it helped when I trimmed the side of the pot protector and I gave the pot an extra mm of wiggle room when drilling.

IMG_1213.jpg IMG_1224.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent job on this! I haven't built any pedals with relay switching yet. Might have to look into that after seeing your build. Thanks for sharing!

Excellent job on this! I haven't built any pedals with relay switching yet. Might have to look into that after seeing your build. Thanks for sharing!
I would definitely recommend it. It’s much more expensive than the 3PDT option but it has a nice pro feel. Definitely worth it if you know that pedal is one you won’t part with.

Back