PCBGM Cherry Fuzz (Frantone Peach Fuzz)

Route14

Here is one I wish that Pedal PCB would release. I love the Cream Pie Fuzz but the Peach Fuzz is a better and more usable fuzz pedal. It has lots of volume and good mid range content making it more live band friendly than other muff type fuzzes. Back in the early 00's I played in a band with another guitar player who had an original Peach Fuzz and I always wanted to get one. Regrettably, Frantone didn't make these for too long and used prices were more than I was willing to pay for a fuzz.

I don't always care for the PCBGM layouts and to make it a touch more interesting I decided to box it in a 1590B. Because you know... WWMWD? (What Would @MichaelW Do?) Box it in a 1590B of course!!! I prefer not to route the LED with wire. I like dropping it in where it exists on the board. On this layout it looks goofy right under the tone knob. Otherwise everything came out good.

I used one of those cheap SBE enclosures. The paint jobs are not great and they scratch super easily. Hence the nice scratch across the face of the pedal. Thankfully I'm more function over appearance. But I'm guessing you could already tell that!

IMG_1294 2.jpg IMG_1295 2.jpg

I agree, it was hard to resist the $3.75 price of those enclosures but I'm not sure they've been worth it. Super fragile, scratchy and chippy.....

If it changes your mind, right now they are only $3 with the 20% off sale at SBE this weekend! I almost bought more but I still have about 12 I haven't used yet. With as many builds that I do I don't mind them. If I really like the circuit I'll rehouse it in something nicer or more likely build a second one in a better enclosure using better parts.

If it changes your mind, right now they are only $3 with the 20% off sale at SBE this weekend! I almost bought more but I still have about 12 I haven't used yet. With as many builds that I do I don't mind them. If I really like the circuit I'll rehouse it in something nicer or more likely build a second one in a better enclosure using better parts.
"Don't TEMPT ME FRODO.....!"

Fwiw, I just sanded one down yesterday, part of my "fixing borked enclosures" post that I'm working on.
The powdercoat came off in sheets it seems like. I think there's some variance from box to box and color to color.

I've used a couple of the blue ones and orange ones and they seem fine.

Fwiw, I just sanded one down yesterday, part of my "fixing borked enclosures" post that I'm working on.
The powdercoat came off in sheets it seems like. I think there's some variance from box to box and color to color.

I've used a couple of the blue ones and orange ones and they seem fine.

I think it's mostly the red enclosures. I have a ton of the 125B red ones too and the coatings are terrible. But the last time I checked... the tone is in the fingers!

I think it's mostly the red enclosures. I have a ton of the 125B red ones too and the coatings are terrible. But the last time I checked... the tone is in the fingers!
Yah, for someone who doesn't care to put graphics or knob labels on his pedals, I sure am a picky S.O.B. when it comes to powdercoat and paint jobs....... :ROFLMAO:

"That's not a scratch, that's the start of my etched graphic — I'll finish it later, but right now I'm enjoying playing it too much to bother."

a710ee30c2705f78d78c17853cffb17b--monty-python-knights.jpg

Back