PCBGuitarMania Submarine Device (EQD The Depths)

While building this last week I realized there is a way to get a regular LED to line up straight with this layout. I’m sure it’s been noticed but I haven’t seen it mentioned.

Put the anode leg in the outside right hole and the cathode leg in the outside left hole and get it to the height you want. Solder it in but don’t trim the excess legs sticking out the bottom of the board yet. Take the excess cathode leg and bend it over to the center LED hole and solder it in. Then just jumper the center and right empty switch lugs and you’re good to go.
How do you like it? I think it's a great sounding pedal. But if I were to do it over again I'd build the PedalPCB version.

How do you like it? I think it's a great sounding pedal. But if I were to do it over again I'd build the PedalPCB version.
I actually didn’t finish it yet. Just have the board all ready to go while waiting on some enclosures. I was thinking about doing it their way with the red/green LED but figured I’d probably only end up using one of the settings anyways. The only thing making me want to do the mod is that I know in the future I’ll end up building another pedal to EQD specs so might as well make this one different. If I do try the mod I’ll probably try an LED that has a bigger difference in the luminous intensity between the red and green so the settings will be more noticeably different. At least I’m hoping they will lol.

Back