PCBGuitarmania Ultimate Pharaoh

This is a take on a Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh but with a few mods. Instead of an input toggle we have a pot and there is a rotary with clipping options. This was built stock to v1.0 build docs and that is how this whole demo was shot. It has since been modded with a video detailing that forthcoming. Essentially there were 5 caps mislabeled that should have been 470nf instead of 47nf, which is why this pedal seems dark to me. It is built in a 1590bb enclosure and airbrushed sparkle gold and then hand painted with a Thundercats Mumm-Ra. This is my favorite painting I did this year and this build turned out really nice, any thundercats fans out there?

be9e9hB.jpg

50AaMtm.jpg

0JANWaB.jpg

Great build. Your videos are so awesome. Keep up the great work!!

I really wanted to love my rullywow pharaoh build. Maybe I need to do this version with your mods instead 🤔
Try it out, whats the worst that happens it still sounds like poo?

Rullywow axis fuzz is really badass, maybe @PedalPCB will put out that delicious piece of over priced Roger Mayer goodness.
Great build. Your videos are so awesome. Keep up the great work!!
@Kroars Thank you so much! Format is evolving and I am spending this weekend trying to figure out how to use my cameras better. Everyvideo is a learning experience and I have plenty more planned.

This is a take on a Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh but with a few mods. Instead of an input toggle we have a pot and there is a rotary with clipping options. This was built stock to v1.0 build docs and that is how this whole demo was shot. It has since been modded with a video detailing that forthcoming. Essentially there were 5 caps mislabeled that should have been 470nf instead of 47nf, which is why this pedal seems dark to me. It is built in a 1590bb enclosure and airbrushed sparkle gold and then hand painted with a Thundercats Mumm-Ra. This is my favorite painting I did this year and this build turned out really nice, any thundercats fans out there?

be9e9hB.jpg

50AaMtm.jpg

0JANWaB.jpg

Hi, this is me who had requested the updates in the BOM for this pedal last summer. I had found a talk on the Reddit discussing those errors in the electronic components of this pedal and asked the authors of the circuit about it. Gonzalo then had updated the building docs and published them under version 1.1.

I have some questions about your experience when building this pedal. Could we discuss it somewhere like in FB Messenger or in whatever which chat?

Best,
Denis

Hi, this is me who had requested the updates in the BOM for this pedal last summer. I had found a talk on the Reddit discussing those errors in the electronic components of this pedal and asked the authors of the circuit about it. Gonzalo then had updated the building docs and published them under version 1.1.

I have some questions about your experience when building this pedal. Could we discuss it somewhere like in FB Messenger or in whatever which chat?

Best,
Denis
PM sent

be9e9hB.jpg

50AaMtm.jpg

0JANWaB.jpg

Finally building a couple of these. How in the hell did you fit that in a 1590bb especially with the big ol’ 1p12t? I’ve got a couple drilled and as I’m putting the pots in I’m thinking, shit my electrolytics are at least an 1/8th inch above the cover….. May have to lay those two down and put the trannies as close to the pcb as possible.

I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I love the videos you make!! Thanks for that! :)

Finally building a couple of these. How in the hell did you fit that in a 1590bb especially with the big ol’ 1p12t? I’ve got a couple drilled and as I’m putting the pots in I’m thinking, shit my electrolytics are at least an 1/8th inch above the cover….. May have to lay those two down and put the trannies as close to the pcb as possible.

I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I love the videos you make!! Thanks for that! :)
It fit just fine but i remember thinking the same thing. Thank you for watching

Back