Peak component tester add-on

fig

Village Idiot
Nothing amazing, but John reminded me to put this together, especially with the number of transistors soon to be tested.

ZIF socket, pin header, test loops, some brass standoffs, and a protoboard wafer. You can breadboard ICs using this thing via the pin headers. I looked into ZIFs for the FXCore I'll be putzing with soon, but the decent ones are pricey.

ZIF socket over mini-grabbers saves a TON of time and greatly reduces wear on the test leads.

h6ylbGA.jpg

Look at that, you learn something new everyday.... I knew temp played a factor but I didn’t think a degree or two would make a difference. Wow and that was just 10sec or so what temp was the room?

Nice!

I put together something similar on a small breadboard. I hook up the test leads to pin headers.

I usually line up all the transistors I want to test on a separate breadboard and leave them alone for a while, then I use breadboard jumpers to connect the tester breadboard to the transistor being tested.

I'll take pictures and post them here in a bit.

That's about what I paid for them I think.

Thanks! Done pretending I didn't make this after seeing yours hahaha!! I hate the peak's clips. Feeling like I might break part of a $125 or whatever device is the worst feeling. Where did you get the test loops?
I'll look it up and post, but I do have a bag full so I will send you some.

Back