PedalPCB Gnat mod - "The Dizzy Elk"

DUDE! Just saw the front of the pedal over on TB! YOU GOTSTA POST THE FRONT HERE!

AND the updated gutshot with the little transistor cozies... 😸 (y)

Thanks!
I posted it in the build report :)

Thanks!
I posted it in the build report :)

DUH is me — of course you did. How could I miss it? Apparently quite easily...

vero-p2p does a fantastic job of cataloguing all of the circuit variations of the extended tone bender family if you're curious

There are similar generic schematics and component spreadsheets for MKIIs MKIIIs etc etc.

Thanks MDC - I'm sure I've probably missed a few, feel free to let me know if something is missing.

Also just wanted to say I started building pedals 3 months ago, and now have 10 PCBs waiting to be populated. And 10 more in carts waiting for a sale. And 50 transistors en route from Bulgaria. Love this hobby.

bit of a necropost here but, in seeing and hearing @peccary a Dizzy Elk build, do these values match the aforementioned build? And, for clarity, no charge pump and only the jumper between 8 and 5?
Here is the Original Post, You would jumper from the back of the PCB & no Charge pump is used, left empty.
This is for NPN GE transistors only!!!

bit of a necropost here but, in seeing and hearing @peccary a Dizzy Elk build, do these values match the aforementioned build? And, for clarity, no charge pump and only the jumper between 8 and 5?

The values I used on the PCB I had made are the same as what's used in the OP here and in the post that @music6000 shared above. And yeah, no charge pump, just a jumper (assuming you're using NPN, you replied to the PNP one).

@music6000 @peccary
Bringing this thread back up instead of starting a new one.
Been debugging this mod for a bit. wondering why timbre/attack knob acts as a volume knob. I swear I saw others post about the same.
C4 and C5 are reversed on the DE PCB Val and schematic. I haven't corrected on my pcb yet but wanted to point out so proper docs could be posted if so wished.
edit, disregard below
Also, Is 18k the correct value for R9?
18K Corrected value under Charge Pump!!!
Makes way more sense for the filter cutoff freqs.
Thanks!

Last edited:
fug. put a 22n in C1 instead of 220n(aiming for bass use). that didnt help...
Now i stopped being lazy...
15hz is fine

Back