PedalPCB Leprechaun - Capacitor type info

spacekid71

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of building the Leprechaun when it comes back in stock. I dont have the PCB yet and I have some questions about the capacitors.
What is the lead spacing, precision, tolerance and voltage for the MLCC, Film and Electrolytic capacitors? Maybe some people have built the
pedal before and know what they ordered.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Mart

I built the Leprechaun and, if it helps, no special caps were needed, as all the usual types for any other pedal fit fine.

MLCC and box film types are pretty much one size in these values at places like Tayda.

Electrolytics can vary a bit, but stick to 25-50v versions and you should be in the ballpark of about 6-8mm wide, which is good (they get bigger as you go higher in voltage).

ah okay thanks for that, much appreciated!

is the lead spacing 5mm for the MLCC and Box Film capacitors? I had some previous pedalpcb boards that had 2.5mm lead spacing for some MLCC...

ah okay thanks for that, much appreciated!

is the lead spacing 5mm for the MLCC and Box Film capacitors? I had some previous pedalpcb boards that had 2.5mm lead spacing for some MLCC...

I'm not sure off hand, but I've used the same batch of Tayda MLCCs for every PedalPCB build so far without ever having any issues, so I assume they are all the same size/spacing.

Last edited:
Also, a set of small round-nose pliers is great for getting leads bent in/out while keeping everything looking good and tidy. I stole an old pair from my wife's jewelry making stuff and they have become one of my most used tools.

Back
Top Bottom