PedalPCB ProtoBoard: Sourcing Resistors and Capacitors

badmotivator

N00b here just starting my DIY pedal building journey. I just ordered the PedalPCB ProtoBoard and was trying to order the components off of the Parts List from Mouser and Tayda. I was able to find everything except the Resistors and Capacitors. For those, there are no links provided on the Parts List and there's so much to choose from I have no idea which ones I should order. Would someone be able to provide Mouser/Tadya links for those so I make sure I order the right ones?

https://docs.pedalpcb.com/project/PedalPCB-ProtoBoard.pdf

For reference, the parts are:
2 10K 1/4W 1/4W resistor
1 100nF 25V Film capacitor, 2.5mm x 5mm
7 10uF 25V Electrolytic capacitor, 5mm
1 47uF 25V Electrolytic capacitor, 5mm
1 100uF 25V Electrolytic capacitor, 5mm

Thanks!

Thanks, Robert! For future reference, how do I narrow down which components will work? Even after I try to filter the resistor and capacitor search results by the given parameters from the Parts List, electronic parts sites (especially ones like Mouser) still give me a ton of options that do not look the same.

Oh, and for the capacitors I'm assuming that any voltage rating is fine as long as it is the same or above the rating specified in the Parts List. For the 100uF 25V Electrolytic capacitor, 5 mm, does it matter that the one you linked to is 6.3 mm instead of 5 mm?

Oh, and for the capacitors I'm assuming that any voltage rating is fine as long as it is the same or above the rating specified in the Parts List. For the 100uF 25V Electrolytic capacitor, 5 mm, does it matter that the one you linked to is 6.3 mm instead of 5 mm?
Most box caps will be fine. I think they're rated 100v. Electros you need to be more careful. The general rule of thumb is to use a voltage rating of approx double what you plan on plugging in. The protoboard will give you many output voltages (including 18V if I remember correctly) with just a 9V input. I would use 35V minimum. You can go higher voltage ratings, but the caps will get wider.

For this project, no. Here are some pics of my protoboard. You can see there is plenty of room to allow the wider electo caps.

When you get this up and running, take a look at the Test Kitchen for some great breadboarding tutorials. Pretty soon you'll design your own, unique circuit!

1715198309206.png
1715198329350.png 1715198340103.png

Back
Top Bottom