Pedals for Ukraine - The Riabininohadros (Boss BD-2 Galaxie Mod) - New Art in Replies

Fingolfen

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Pedals for Ukraine has been a bit quiet lately, so I talked to the guy running it, and we're going to try and jump start it a bit...

Aion Sapphire - Riabininohadros - SN01 - 01.jpg

My first Boss Blues driver pedal was the standard model. However, I'd recently finished up the Galaxie mod of the BD-2 pedal, and thought it would be nice to create something sort of unique for the auction, so I dove in and populated a second AionFX Sapphire board! As with all of my recent builds, this one includes high-end metal film 1% tolerance resistors, metal film capacitors (KEMET and WIMA), Nichicon electrolytic capacitors, and genuine Toshiba through hole 2SK184-GR transistors.

Aion Sapphire - Riabininohadros - SN01 - 02.jpg

The wiring follows the normal AionFX recommendation for grounding with a star ground to the input jack. I'm using ribbon cable to connect the 3PDT daughter board to the main PCB. The hookup wire is all 22 Gauge aerospace grade wiring. The LED is a golden yellow color to go with the blue and yellow theme of the overall pedal.

Aion Sapphire - Riabininohadros - SN01 - 03.jpg

The pedal is named after one of the few dinosaurs that has been discovered in Ukraine - the Riabininohadros. Sadly after it was together I noticed a typo on the enclosure, so the winning bidder can either get a free replacement enclosure, or have the satisfaction of knowing that they'll have an absolutely unique pedal as any additional pedals made will have the spelling corrected...

A tiny bit more at the blog: https://steggostudios.blogspot.com/2022/07/boss-blues-driver-with-ukrainian.html

Last edited:
That looks awesome, great build! Also, I'm glad to hear the PFUK is getting going again.

I wouldn't sweat the typo. It's a cool concept and that's what counts.

Very beautiful build ! I am sorry I am a bit late on this build report. First time I see a report on the Sapphire with galaxie mod.

I tried to build the Sapphire galaxie, but I ended up with a weak booster :

EQ worked but no dirt even with Gain fully CW, unless I put back some diodes in the circuit, and not much volume on tap.

It could have been useful for clean tones, but I was desappointed.

I tried for a long time to find the issue, but couldn't find any. So I went back with the standard values, and everything worked fine.

I wonder if your modded Sapphire is behaving the same way ?

Edit : I just found this and I guess I have the answer :

Last edited:
Back