DEMO Percolation Station (Harmonic Percolator)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Populated according to the build doc, except there's a 1.5k stopper between lug 1 of the Harmonics pot and ground. Box is by Scientific Uppercut, all the other hardware is typical stuff.

Enclosure is difficult to photograph, but the sides are tennis ball green with lil silver speckles

This has been the first Percolator that gave me no issues at all- fired right up and sounds goddamned amazing. Could stand to be a lil louder, but honestly it gets just loud enough as-is

1000024554.jpg 1000024556.jpg 1000024557.jpg 1000024553.jpg

I think I've gotten my new mic sitch sorted for now. Can't use my reverb tank (not sure why, but disconnected it and I'm not getting any acoustic pickup 🤷🏻), so it's pretty dry.

Anyway, enjoy some Perculation (some Rat stackage toward the end) Fender Frontman 212r- Bass and Treble cranked, Mids at 7. Baritone Meteora with Alumitone and a Lipstick-
EDIT to add- this is with the Percolator immediately after JFET buffer

Lovely layout as is the standard for PedalPCB. The fact I didn't have to mess with any biasing or anything is a huge plus. Love that it plays so well with the Rat. I highly recommend this version of the circuit 😻

Last edited:
Wow! Yours has a lot more gain than mine! I like how mine sounds but it’s quite a mild fuzz. I’m wondering if the transistors are the culprit… I did the Albini mods as well but don’t think it would cause this much of a gain drop. I used the 2N3565 and a NTE102 (hfe 155).

Attachments

• IMG_8232.jpeg
    IMG_8232.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Wow! Yours has a lot more gain than mine! I like how mine sounds but it’s quite a mild fuzz. I’m wondering if the transistors are the culprit… I did the Albini mods as well but don’t think it would cause this much of a gain drop. I used the 2N3565 and a NTE102 (hfe 155).

I should've added to the OP, that is is after a JFET buffer. It's much milder, and a bit less noisy straight from the guitar. I personally prefer the sound of it post-buffer, though

I should've added to the OP, that is is after a JFET buffer. It's much milder, and a bit less noisy straight from the guitar. I personally prefer the sound of it post-buffer, though
Didn't disclose the whole signal chain, huh? What are you, a guitar youtuber :)

Didn't disclose the whole signal chain, huh? What are you, a guitar youtuber :)
I also used a 20' Lava Retro Silent cable into the buffer, with Maka patch cable betwixt the pedals, 10' Lava cable to the amp. Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 3 Plus powering everything. The warm Northern California sun provided just the right temp for the 2N404A to perform optimally.
The Fender Frontman 212R is mic'd with a Shure SM57, placed dead center on the right speaker pressed right up against the grille into a Joyo MoMix Pro, using the finest 6' Amazon Basics XLR cable
I'd had about three large cups of coffee, and a gluten free dark chocolate walnut brownie prior to recording. This gave me adequate energy and mental clarity needed to riff, and the brownie provided just the right amount of finger lube for smooth fast licks.
I'd have used a 65 Amps Soho, but I'm not Andy and have never owned a Soho

Last edited:
Back