Persica Fuzz tone knob a bit useless?

neiltheseal

Hi everyone. I put together a Persica Fuzz which I think is a Frantone Peach fuzz and it sounds great.

Although the tone knob seems a bit redundant. It sounds good at 100% or about 90% and anything below that is probably too muddy to use.

Is this a common issue? I think I might just replace the pot with a 10k resistor, but before I did I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for modificaitons to make the pot a bit more useful.

Thanks in advance.

I just finished mine a few minutes ago and was excited to compare it to an IC Muff I made last month. I know they aren’t 1:1, but the Persica’s Tone and Fuzz knobs leave much to be desired.

My initial thought is to replace the Fuzz with a B10k and the Tone with a C10k. I’m going to check the schematic first, though, to see if the circuit could benefit from other tweaks.

Last edited:
I just finished mine a few minutes and was excited to compare it to an IC Muff I made last month. I know they aren’t 1:1, but the Persica’s Tone and Fuzz knobs leave much to be desired.

My initial thought is to replace the Fuzz with a B10k and the Tone with a C10k. I’m going to check the schematic first, though, to see if the circuit could benefit from other tweaks.
Let me know how you go with this.

I agree the tone and fuzz don’t do a whole lot. At least it sounds good.

Back