Pestle Distortion

Not sure where is the appropriate place to ask this, but I’ll take a shot here…

Can the Pestle Distortion run on 18v like the Zoar? I assume it will be ok, but don’t want to blow it up with my assumption, lol

Thanks!

Judging by the schematic also and 2N5457, J201, J113 or similar JFET or their SMD version will work. It is just a buffer.
Yeah, I used a J201 in mine and I think it sounds awesome...love this pedal...best EQD gain pedal in a while. Still, the experimental cork-sniffer part of me wants to try the original part for the hell of it. :rolleyes::giggle:

Can somebody tell if 470pF at C8 is correct? I get no signal after it. Swapped another 470pF but no luck. If I short it I get pedal working but only halway working treble..
Thanks!

Can somebody tell if 470pF at C8 is correct? I get no signal after it. Swapped another 470pF but no luck. If I short it I get pedal working but only halway working treble..
Thanks!
You should check connectivity to make sure a trace isn't broken (should be a pretty easy fix if so), but it's best if you do a troubleshooting thread about it instead. Remember to read the instructions, the clear pictures are very useful.

Back