Pink Goat (Fuzzhead BeeBaa) & Sumble Drive (Fuzzdog)

Fuzzonaut

I boxed up two more ....

Pink Goat is a based on the Roland AF-100 Bee Baa, this variation of the circuit was designed by the guy/fuzzhead from dirtboxlayouts (thanks Anders).
Moonn made the PCB that I used.

What's different? In the words of the man himself:
"Ditched the boost switch and one of the tone settings but added two new ones. "Highs" switch toggles between stock (middle position) and two settings that cut some highs. The other switch named "Notch" toggles between three settings in the twin notch circuit. Middle position has 10nF to ground which gives a full sounds with lower mids. The two other settings are closer to stock Bee Baa tone with varying degree of scooped mids."

And yes, it delivers. I love it! The high switch gives you all the sizzle, or less, or almost none. And the Notch switch comes in handy with bass. I like it in the middle, sure, but the scooped sounds are pretty cool too.

I used BC109C in Q1 and BC109B in Q2 and Q3 - as per the BoM.

pink beba.jpeg
pink beebaa-g.jpeg

And something from Fuzz Dog, the Sumble Drive, which according the them is of course just another Dumble-in-a-box, but one that tops their charts for those tonal needs. "There's a little whiff of magic dust in this one", they claim (probably with a slightly ironic smirk on their faces).

Now this was more of a joke build, because on of those days, my guitar player was going on and on about Dumble Amps and how great and special they are supposed to be and that sadly, he will never be able to check them out and ... bla-bla-bla .... (Don't get me wrong, I love the guy.)

Well, I just finished it, tested it on bass and must admit that it sounds really nice, going from sparkly boost all the way to overdriven tones, if you dime SENS and ACCENT.

The toan fairy is on the face of the pedal. And her magic dust is in the diodes ... Wanna buy some? ;)

I almost named the pedal "Le Dumb OD", but feared nobody would get a half-arsed, half-french joke about obscure amps.
Oh well, joke's on me anyway, as it sounds soooo good, innit?

dumble.jpeg

dumble-g.jpeg

goodluck-sprinkles.gif

Fairy dust? You can't fool us, we all know that the toan comes from how much one has overpaid for the diodes. A while back, I had the idea to call a dumble based pedal the "bovine idiot." Unfortunately I still have no interest in dumb bull...

Back