Moar Fuzzes

Fuzzonaut

You can never have enough fuzzes, so here we go.

Moonn Doom Doom, which is a Megalith, known for a crushing wall of fuzz, but can also do a lot of different sounds thanks to the filter things going on. An amazing circuit, that slays on guitar and bass.
The "More" is wired always on, I mean, I'd have it on all the time anyway ... and 2 foot switches on a 125B is stupid.

IMG_0558.jpeg IMG_0556.jpeg

Doom Bloom (Fuzzdog PCB). Pretty cool dirt box delivering a lot of sounds. The one I've built for myself has been last seen on my guitar players board, so here's another one for me.

IMG_0505.jpeg IMG_0508.jpeg

DBA Fuzz War V1, Moonn PCB, a nasty, noisy, chaotic fuzz that crushes your signal into sonic mayhem! Not a transparent OD at the edge of breakup or whatever, but really good stuff.

IMG_0502.jpeg IMG_0503.jpeg

Valhalla V1 (Blackhawk Amps design) on vero, acccording to the Dirtbox layout. An interesting take on the Fuzz Face, they say:
"First, a passive pickup simulator so you can have a buffer upfront or anywhere in the signal chain. Next comes the fuzz circuit itself which are closely related to a Meathead but with larger input and electrolytic "gain" caps. Next there is two quite large value output caps that are connected to the Bass Boost switch. At the end of the circuit there is a simple but very effective notch filter that gives a wide array of tones, from rumbling bass, scooped mids and sizzly high mids.. The notch filter Tone control can be bypassed with the tone bypass switch and will give a big volume boost with a thick grinding middy fuzz."
Sounds great, is what I say.

IMG_0497.jpeg IMG_0499.jpeg

Back