Parallel Moonn Cinnamon Roll and Fuzzdog Creme Fluff

Mentaltossflycoon

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
So this is the fruit of some convoluted experimentation that if I'm being honest could've been more efficient as a breadboarding project. I picked up one of the series/parallel switchers from GCI and installed these adorable terminals.
Screenshot_20240426_155310_Gallery.jpg

I have a pile of functioning circuits that I've populated and function correctly but didn't like enough to put in a box so I've been seeing if there's any combinations that I enjoy in parallel that also sound good/different in series to make a $25 switcher worthwhile. This project didn't fit this category as the series sounds were meh but I have a bunch of these little moonn split'n'blend so finally this Escobedo Cinnabar found a home after much dust collecting.

The Cinnabar is a very simple fuzz, only a single resistor actually. I think the timbre control is pretty interesting but it was cast aside, like most in the pile, for robbing the lows. The timbre pot can get you normal-ish fuzz toans but with the timbre pot near zero you kind of get honky mids that... I don't want say are Knopfleresque..... let's say "Patrick Finnertyesque money for nothing" sounds.

Since it sounds cool and barky I figured something big was necessary for the other side. Creme Fluff was the winner though honestly it's also a choice of convenience since I already had the board in my stash. The second switch bypasses the Creme Fluff so there's a clean blended Cinnabar setting too.

So, do I recommend for you to go and build exactly this? No. This isn't what I'd call a refined product ready to sell to customers. It's absolute hackery but it's my hackery and I like it. I do suggest the GCI parallel series switcher and every other element of this build individually 100%.

Enclosure is the new tayda candy metallic red. Graphic is a vintage photo of the building that houses the record store I worked at in college back when it was a drug store/piggly wiggly. Due to poor planning, I used different input and output jacks.
Screenshot_20240426_152515_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240426_152527_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
This is magnificent!
Parallel experimentation is hackery of the highest level.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The second switch bypasses the Creme Fluff so there's a clean blended Cinnabar setting too.
Neat- I bet that makes for a strong transition!

Back