SOLVED Point to point issue

Morning. I breadboarded and then built this point to point pedal. I’m only getting bypass at this point. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    767.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1467.jpeg
    IMG_1467.jpeg
    665.7 KB · Views: 54
I checked and I think it’s correct. E of Q1 goes to ground. B goes to C2 and 100k and C goes to B or Q2 and 33k. Here’s a more clear pic. I did switch Q2 around earlier though.
Wait, which one did you turn around. The one that looks like you turned around is the one that I was thinking was Q1 from your original post.

This is how your latest wiring compares to the Schematic:

View attachment 71360
Yeah, this is where I'm getting confused. I had originally thought that what you have labeled as Q2 was actually Q1 based on its connection to C2 and R1, but I see where the confusion is now since its collector is connected to the B10K pot, which is where the collector of Q2 should be connected.

EDIT: It appears that Q2 is actually Q1, and its collector pin should be connected to the base pin of Q2 and the collector pin of Q2 should be attached to pin 2 of the B10K instead of R2/Pin2 of the 1K pot. Instead the base of Q2 should connect there.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is where I'm getting confused. I had originally thought that what you have labeled as Q2 was actually Q1 based on its connection to C2 and R1, but I see where the confusion is now since its collector is connected to the B10K pot, which is where the collector of Q2 should be connected.
There is something amiss with Q1 & Q2 orientation as is!
We will have to wait til he responds.

EDIT: It appears that Q2 is actually Q1, and its collector pin should be connected to the base pin of Q2 and the collector pin of Q2 should be attached to pin 2 of the B10K instead of R2/Pin2 of the 1K pot. Instead the base of Q2 should connect there.
I know that sounds complicated, but if you trace the circuit back to the schematic, you should see what I'm talking about.

Q1 is on the left as he has it wired to B50K going by his picture & has 4 conections coming from underneath it at the moment????
I'm afraid I dont have X-ray vision so who knows!
I think this is the clearest view (sort of), but I think there is some confusion about what is Q1 and Q2. When I first read the schematic, I was assuming that Q1 was the closest one in this picture, but that appears to be the one he turned around and said it was Q2. If that is Q2, its base should not be directly connected to R1 and C2. Its base should be connected to the collector of Q1 and R2.

Attachments

• 1711240257235.png
    1711240257235.png
    3 MB · Views: 2
Back