Possibly stupid but easy tube project based on the Electra circuit.

bluedmc777

I’ve been curious about this for the longest but just don’t know enough actually create a pedal…not a tube pedal atleast.

Has anyone EVER built a tube based Electra-ish circuit? Just for beginners says a COT50 but with a tube instead of transistor. Itd be easy to mod. I’m thinking the Briggs clock of tone.

Would this work well enough to actually build. Not many Electra circuits I’ve heard that don’t have some potential lol.

Attachments

• IMG_8526.jpeg
    IMG_8526.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8073.jpeg
    IMG_8073.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 12
I've never been crazy about diode clippers on tube circuits, but there's no reason it couldn't be done. My only note would be that unless you're using a weird tube with a single triode, a typical tube like a 12AX7 will have two triodes available so it's a bit of a waste not to use both.

@vigilante could you use the second half of the triode for the clipping? Or perhaps a tone, stack, buffer, etc. I suppose, it would pretty much be a clean boost then?

Sorry for the rookie questions I’m just intrigued by this.

A typical approach would be to use the first stage to push the second stage into a natural overdrive. I will continue to give the disclaimer that I'm not an expert, but I've learned a bit over the years, and I made a post a while back that covers some basics.

Back